Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

xforce exhaust 3 inch or 2 1/2

V8Silverfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VZ SS A4
They sound like utter **** with the X pipe in them and personally I think they're overpriced for the quality.

Have a squiz here:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/lsx-development-modification/154610-lsx-exhaust-systems.html

I need to get an in car recording of those systems. The X-force with the Xpipe cut out sounds ALLOT better but still really loud and a bit trashy. (They get a really old school burble under load without the X-pipe)
If you get the mild steel version and remove the X-pipe they're reasonable value.

What does the X pipe do? ... and/or the H pipe?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Xpipe merges the gas after the cats. But the X-force one is horrible. It just smooshes them together and causes more of a restriction then anything.

H-pipe or balance pipe just stops the two separate pipes from vibrating. Apparently can help the flow a little but it does stop some NVH in the cabin. H-pipe doesn't change the sound, the sound will still be a broken lope that you get from two banks of cylinders.

Basically X-pipes make LS1's sound like 4cylinders.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Go 2 1/2 inch unless your looking at going FI in the future.

jacko b

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 R8 VZ clubsport
yeah boys cheers for the tips but today i was at work i though oh #### it and rang up di filipo and ordered a whole 2 1/2 inch stainless system , will post up watch she turns out like when i get her on