Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

You won't believe what I just did! LMAO!

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
why the hell is there so much treble from this thing?!

I think i know your problem dude. I'm a victim of Sony headunit syndrome and i asked myself the same question when i chucked mine in. Try hitting the DSO button a few times until it's off. If i remember correctly, when i read the manual it's there to compensate for crap speakers with no tweeters or very weak tweeters, only problem is by default it's on. So everytime i disconnect/reconnect the battery it turns the crap back on and kills my ears.

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
Yeah, the problem with sony isnt *strictly with their quality or reliability (which for the price can be easily surpassed anywhere) but is usually with their piss poor design.
If you see someone bashing their head against the steering wheel trying to do the most simple function, then you can almost guarantee its a sony.
The features are usually lacking and not exactly user friendly.
Their DVD decks are pitiful and their amplifiers have a tendancy to fail (from my experience)
But for $45 bucks cant complain.
I've gone through sony, pioneer, eclipse, alpine and JVC decks and I have to say im most happy with the JVC.
The sound quality is great, the features are WAY up there for the pricerange and the stylings is great.
Their amps and subs leave some to be desired though.
On the subject... whos heard of rockford fosgate lately? haha they disappeared into the sunset as quickly as they burst out.
Times they are a changin.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
well what do you expect from a bunch of audio gear called XPLOD?

hardly call it false advertising can you?

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
I have a cheap Sony Hu and its great never stuffed up on me and is easy to use and sounds pretty good for the price i payed.

Crunkz0r

Wagon driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec Wagon v6 auto
That's funny, the guy at the register must have been a bit of a dumb one.... Nice buy :D

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Ok, well surprisingly enough it is actually quite a little performer. Just curious on how it is for reliability....will find out soon enough I guess.

Although, I do have one question regarding the unit...How in the **** do I use this thing?!

Just imagine the dirty, condescending things youd post if someone else asked that :D

Sir-Psycho-Sexy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
I beleive they are called retorical questions:yeah: