Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

You won't believe what I just did! LMAO!

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
Getting it in isn't the issue LOL.....turning the damn thing on and playing music from it is the problem :?:

when all else fails?

z1-rtfm-h-ecru.jpg

no offence intended.

fnlow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93
Yeah, the problem with sony isnt *strictly with their quality or reliability (which for the price can be easily surpassed anywhere) but is usually with their piss poor design.
If you see someone bashing their head against the steering wheel trying to do the most simple function, then you can almost guarantee its a sony.
The features are usually lacking and not exactly user friendly.
Their DVD decks are pitiful and their amplifiers have a tendancy to fail (from my experience)
But for $45 bucks cant complain.
I've gone through sony, pioneer, eclipse, alpine and JVC decks and I have to say im most happy with the JVC.
The sound quality is great, the features are WAY up there for the pricerange and the stylings is great.
Their amps and subs leave some to be desired though.
On the subject... whos heard of rockford fosgate lately? haha they disappeared into the sunset as quickly as they burst out.
Times they are a changin.

lmao hahaha. :bang: That was a good read

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
yeah recently my cheap-arse generic-branded dvd kinda died and i was due to drive to adelaide (3 hour drive) with no head unit that day!! luckily my old cheese had gotten a new Sony Xplod head unit for about $200 on insurance after his tape deck got stolen out of his Subaru. So i thought i would quickly chuck it in for the drive up... took about 10 mins to install and i cut my finger on the wire strippers, anyways... i have found it okay but some of the functions arent sensical and the EQ3 feature is giving me the shits. Oh and not a single CD has ejected without taking off the face while the motor tries to force it out. Luckily it is temporary but i have used better head units for $200

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
i have found it okay but some of the functions arent sensical and the EQ3 feature is giving me the shits. Oh and not a single CD has ejected without taking off the face while the motor tries to force it out.

Were you banging your head on the steering wheel?

Haha...

If its crap, then...

"It's a Sony!"

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Just imagine the dirty, condescending things youd post if someone else asked that :D

I NEVER post anything dirty or condescending about anyone or any brand :) :whistling

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
Only kenwood goes in my holden.and goes and goes and goes.10 disk and head unit ten years old and still going strong.Doesnt even skip when you get airborn.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I installed one of these exact H/U's the other day for mate, (He paid over $300 for it :rofl:) and i remembered about this thread and showed him. It was good for a laugh. I wouldnt have let him buy it if i was with him, stupid bloody things they are especially with the flip down face... wonder how long before that breaks