Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your thoughts about the Nissan GTR's R32/33

Tweetbix

Reaction score
Members Ride
Evo VI
Every single GTR bar one > R33

but, and i will say but, there is a nice looking R33 Nismo 400R mockup that does the local racing series that looks and goes quite well.

Even though I drive an evo, there will always be a special place at home for the R32, R34 (dreaming), R35 (dreaming), hakosuka (winning lotto and then still dreaming).

Last edited:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
purely because there's not one pohto of a 33 GTR yet

dsc_0122_resize.jpg

post-500-0-82607700-1393449698.jpg

5094312553_0f46f5b097_b.jpg

The fact that they cut up the rear 1/4 to fit those bolt-on fenders to it makes me want to cry!!

then its yours!!! for the low, low price of 14 million yen!!!

1970-Nissan-Skyline-GT-R_02.jpg

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
turbo vs v8? why not have both? and you cant compare R32 GT-R's to V8's anyway, totally different ball game.

Chalk and Cheese.

This is why i LOL at vids i see on youtube of GT-R's vs'ing SS commy's at the drags and skighting about how they won against a stock ss in their pre-historic , rusted out datsun that they had to spend $1000000000000000000 on modifying to make sure it beats everything in its path

To be honest, while they are a beautiful car, i would not justify paying $25K plus for an old, rusty car.
They would be a great car for taking to the track or showing off to your mates on the weekend to make choof choof noises, but thats about it.
Guys that have these for daily's are just plain dumb. The reliability just isnt there for these, how do i know this? seen it time and time again from mates and mates fathers who have owned these, realised how much they need to spend on them and flog them off to the next victim who will flog it to death on a daily basis until the RB goes bang.
....But limiter bashing is cool though, right?

The other thing is, there is alot for sale because ########s like to wind the boost right up without changing internals and making the necessary mods to aid the added boost and as of course when you do so, the old RB26 will go bang... then youll have to sell everything you own, maybe even your missus to get the thing running again.

I love these cars myself and have done for a long time, however i dont have deep enough pockets to buy one of these, let alone spend money on the thing to keep it running.
For the money you spend buying one of these, you can buy a late model car with all the bells and whistles with more power and will be 10000000000000x more reliable.

Ill take my SS over one of these for a daily anyday.

Give me one for a track/weekend car and I'd froth at the mouth :D

destinationtoby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 supercharged
turbo vs v8? why not have both? and you cant compare R32 GT-R's to V8's anyway, totally different ball game.

Chalk and Cheese.

This is why i LOL at vids i see on youtube of GT-R's vs'ing SS commy's at the drags and skighting about how they won against a stock ss in their pre-historic , rusted out datsun that they had to spend $1000000000000000000 on modifying to make sure it beats everything in its path

To be honest, while they are a beautiful car, i would not justify paying $25K plus for an old, rusty car.
They would be a great car for taking to the track or showing off to your mates on the weekend to make choof choof noises, but thats about it.
Guys that have these for daily's are just plain dumb. The reliability just isnt there for these, how do i know this? seen it time and time again from mates and mates fathers who have owned these, realised how much they need to spend on them and flog them off to the next victim who will flog it to death on a daily basis until the RB goes bang.

The other thing is, there is alot for sale because ########s like to wind the boost right up without changing internals and making the necessary mods to aid the added boost and as of course when you do so, the old RB26 will go bang... then youll have to sell everything you own, maybe even your missus to get the thing running again.

I love these cars myself and have done for a long time, however i dont have deep enough pockets to buy one of these, let alone spend money on the thing to keep it running.
For the money you spend buying one of these, you can buy a late model car with all the bells and whistles with more power and will be 10000000000000x more reliable.

Well said !

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

lol, people like you.

id give you half a lap in the passenger seat before you shat your pants and cried for mommy.

oh yay! it wont beat a 6.3ltr in a drag... big surprise there. lets put some twisties in and have some fun shall we? whats that? youve gotta go check with mum first? ok, you go... its probably for the best anyway, twisty lines are kinda scary. best you just stick to your 1/4 mile times.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Heronvy - Have you actually ever owned one? Because you'd be talking a lot of trash if you never did. I had one as a daily years ago and never had any problems with it.

You say you can't compare a GTR to a V8 but you did anyway, you're comparing a 25 year old car to a modern V8 so it's obvious that the V8 will have more power and somewhat more reliable because it's newer. A well looked after GTR will run as good if not better than the day it was rolled of the line.

They don't even need to have that much money spent on them to be fast and they're still pricey for an older car but with good reason and I'm sure ari can fill you in with why.

Btw the op was thinking of one as a weekender so I dunno why you started to compare it to a V8 for your daily commutes...

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Hey, as long as its a nice car, who cares whats under the bonnet. Would love a Skyline in the shed, year for year, far more advanced than any Holden, or Ford.
My Toyota Soarer has farkles that the "local" cars havent even thought of yet.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

Chalk and Cheese.

You owned a N/A supra, you have no credibility and the above means nothing. Thanks for playing :)