Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your thoughts on the VE

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
I have to agree, but I'm biased! :D :whistling (Teins are coming!!!)

No worries dude! Just keep smiling and enjoying the best Commodore EVER!!! :D :D :D

All I can say is: 'What a car' I must also say CSP, you take awesome pics.:thumbsup:

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
dont worry bout what he said mate...VEs are simply awesome...
if ur happy with it then thats all that matters

love my SSV and cant get enough of it.

Anfernee0525

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I have to agree, but I'm biased! :D :whistling (Teins are coming!!!)

BW_IMG_0992.jpg

No worries dude! Just keep smiling and enjoying the best Commodore EVER!!! :D :D :D

Hot as hell!:bang:

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
I hired a SV6 (blood orange) was fantastic...i loved the car!!! but has anyone noticed that it has MAJOR blind spots in it? I found my self having to look around the window piller everytime i turned a corner... other then that.. I WANT ONE!!!!
hehe

Your job is to fix my window, So lay off the 60 min investigation you **** wit, Or I'll call and have someone else come and do the job?.

You hired a window guy, Not a Car reviewer:p, What's he think he is, Jeremy Clark****son:D.

Hire cars are treated within an inch of there life,
I hired a Calais V6, drove more then 1200km, Loved every part of it, I had my nit picks with things, But that is mostly what many have had issues with now, The software has updated and fixed most of them now.

But I'd like him to show us a picture, Of a Holden Commodore being built next to a deadwood in South Korea:p.

Anyway if you love your car love it!, And don't be ashamed of it,
He sounds like a **** wit, He probably is pist his cardigan got crinkled.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
yeah blind spots due to the A pillar alot of ppl fiind it to b an issue but to be honest i havent had any issues...maybe i am just used to it

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
yeah blind spots due to the A pillar alot of ppl fiind it to b an issue but to be honest i havent had any issues...

Im with you - no issues. But there are a few people around who continue to whinge about it. theyre the people that simply don't understand how to overcome all visibility issues from pretty much ANY passenger car.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Im with you - no issues. But there are a few people around who continue to whinge about it. theyre the people that simply don't understand how to overcome all visibility issues from pretty much ANY passenger car.

Yeah, just a few.....thousand!

(But of course we all know that, as ever, Cousin Slow Poke is right and the rest of the motoring world is wrong.)

Mattio

50WTF
Reaction score
Website
www.proutes.com
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute M6
Sounds like jealously to me...probably just hates on them because even the base alloytecs make more power than the sewing machine with a hairdryer could hope to make with any sort of longetivity or reliability.

I love my ute and don't really notice the blind spots a great deal but i do feel sorry for the poor buggers that own VE Maloos..they are an insane looking car but would be a real mission to reverse park one without park sensors.

Jam Tein SS underneath a VE and it just transforms them, especially with the utes. Something that weighs that much and has no weight in the rear really shouldn't be able to handle the way they do with coilovers.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Yeah, just a few.....thousand!

(But of course we all know that, as ever, Cousin Slow Poke is right and the rest of the motoring world is wrong.)

So I take it youve spoken to the few thousand people that have issues with it then? And a few thousand would still be a SERIOUS MINORITY when it comes down to how many VEs have been sold since they were released over two years ago.

The rest of the motoring world? What the??? When have I said the rest of the motoring world is wrong? All i know is that from my point of view there are no issues with visibilty out of the VE.

But you can think what you want... :thumbsup: What I always find most amusing is that it seems most of the time its the people that don't own a VE that criticise them. Which is fine. You don't have to buy one!

I love my car and really don't care what others think. I do get passionate about my point of view though because it ****es me off when people take things I say out of context or make assumptions.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
So I take it youve spoken to the few thousand people that have issues with it then? And a few thousand would still be a SERIOUS MINORITY when it comes down to how many VEs have been sold since they were released over two years ago.

The rest of the motoring world? What the??? When have I said the rest of the motoring world is wrong? All i know is that from my point of view there are no issues with visibilty out of the VE.

But you can think what you want... :thumbsup: What I always find most amusing is that it seems most of the time its the people that don't own a VE that criticise them. Which is fine. You don't have to buy one!

I've had two of them and have probably done more km in them than anybody else on this forum. The point that you miss is that I can see out of the thing visibility is not as good as previous models. Can people see out of them?? Yes. Is it as easy to see out of them as previous models? No. I don't see (pardon the pun) why you are so hung up over it?

Reaper