Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your thoughts on the VE

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
The point that you miss is that I can see out of the thing visibility is not as good as previous models. Can people see out of them?? Yes. Is it as easy to see out of them as previous models? No. I don't see (pardon the pun) why you are so hung up over it?

Reaper

The point you're missing is that from my point of view, the answer to that question is also YES.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The point you're missing is that from my point of view, the answer to that question is also YES.

I've driven the VE frequently - I believe the vision for the driver is poor. It's as simple as that. You are entitled to think otherwise, but just because we have differing opinions doesn't mean yours is right and mine is wrong.

You keep crapping on that you have NO visibility issues with your VE, yet you have admitted on this forum that you have adapted your driving style to enable you to drive the car safely, by moving your head to look around the A pillar. I don't have to do that with my VY. I have never had to do it with any of the previous dozen or so cars I have owned. You can move your head as much as you like and keep saying theres nothing wrong, but where is your support on this forum? Only one or two have piped up agreeing with you, most have said they agree that the vision is poor compared to previous models.

As for my comment about your opinion differing from the rest of the motoring world? Well, I read a number of motoring magazines from Australia, the UK and the States, because I am interested in what foriegn motoring critics think of our car in their markets. The thick A pillar has attracted criticism from nearly all of them. As I said earlier, even one of the VE designers admits the pillars are too thick.

You're entitled to your opinion, but stop shoving it down our throats. You can kid yourself as long as you like, the rest of us are not so easily fooled.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
You're entitled to your opinion, but stop shoving it down our throats. You can kid yourself as long as you like, the rest of us are not so easily fooled.

****IN HELL BUDDY!!! Im not shoving anything down anyones throat? Would you like me to? Because I imagine youd probably enjoy it...

I'm not kidding myself... I have no problems with visibility from any of my cars. End of story. Doesn't mean Im kidding myself.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
You really need someone to spell that out for you? LOL!!!!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Nice new avatar to go with your modest claims. I knew exactly what you meant - sorry if my sarcasm went over your head. If I needed help with my spelling, you would'nt be the first on my list pal.

Let's end this war. It gains us nothing but black listing or banning. Neither of us needs that. We disagree. Simple as that.

Last edited: