Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your VE- What problems have you had

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Look where it says "ride", like how yours says "N/A".....

But in most cases Mint, the ride details arent specific enough with this topic. Maybe bodyshape and year have something to do with it? Most people dont specify exactly what 'their ride' is.

woodys90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Our SSV will be 5 years old in August.....have only ever had one major issue so far; oil pressure/voltmeter stopped working one day, fixed by computer resest at service

apart from that there is an incredibly annoying rattle underneath the plastic near gearstick, only on really bumpy roads

we still love every minute of driving it but

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
My glovebox (or something in that area) also vibrates due to the exhaust :(

EraserHead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 - Alto Grey
Interesting thread... seems there are a handful of guys with some real issues, then a lot with just minor stuff. I must admit, mine is perfect! About the only thing I'm not happy about is the last 'upgrade' to the IQ system - I think it's worse than it was originally! Drove to Bathurst and back last month and got 8.6l/100 which is like 33mpg - awesome!

For those that think their stereo sounds crap - you're absolutely right! I replaced all my stock Korean made door speakers (made by a company called iMoss who also make them for those well known prestige motoring brands like Daiwoo, Kia, Tata, Gelee etc.) a week after getting the car - sounds really nice now and still looks stock standard.

For those that think that Japanese cars might be better, think again. Take Honda for example, they are actually made in Thailand. And I just could not quite see myself driving a Camry or Corolla - such rivetting driving dynamics! Not... An let's face it, they just don't have any style about them... How many 6 litre Mazdas do you see out there? How many Aurions towing caravans or boats? How many Sportivo Camrys that really mean 'Sports'?

Even the Euro stuff is not always made in Europe - the BMW M3's come out of South Africa. And they all have their own 'unique' quality issues. Like a guy I know with a 4WD passat wagon - dropped a cam screw out of warranty - dealer wanted $12K to fix it. Got it done by a local mechanic for $6.5K and was told they see heaps of these with the same problem! Or another guy with an Audi that kept cutting out. $2400 later they found it was the spark plugs the dealer fitted the previous service... and another friend who ended up selling her 2 year old Merc after the trans was pulled for the 3rd time for repair.

To summarise, I don't think the Commodore is any worse than the imports as far as problems and quality goes and considering how many are sold each year, the number of problems per 1000 cars is probably better than imports in a lot of cases. When you look at how much car you get for your money, the Commo also represents pretty good value and is a damned good drive.

At least one comsolation if you do have problems, a Commodore is a truck load cheaper to get fixed than an import and the dealer network is pretty extensive.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Nice write up there Eraser but I must remind you of where you are:hmmm:. No need for preach'in around these woods:rofl2:

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Had my first problem with the IQ System, even after the update. I could not turn off the Airconditioner and pressing function buttons would end up cauing all sorts of other functions not intended to occur. For instance press the Fan increase speed and it decreased itself down to zero when you let go of the up button.

Pressed all sorts of buttons until i pressed the fan down button and it returned to normal. Fan down button acted like it was jammed on but it wasn't.

Nice one Holden, you bunch of clowns.

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
"Nice one Holden, you bunch of clowns"

X Man...clowns have big red noses, great big shoes, baggy pants and they run into things.......they call them taxi drivers in Adelaide.

EraserHead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 - Alto Grey
I had sort of the opposite problem the other day X-man - went to manually turn my fan down and it went to flat-out! Kinda funny - made one hell of a roaring noise :surprise:

Was planning to pull over and do the 'master reset', but after randomly pressing buttons it all started working again. Probaly a Windoze problem I suspect...

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
My only issues are the crap IQ Nav system and the fact i have to almost slam my doors to get them to shut.

When i get the first service in another 4,000k will get them to check it out.

Tried finding Margret St in Sydney CBD and the system could not find it, i have a list i am making of things the Nav cannot find.

mad-sly-rig

NO LAG, JUST TORQUE
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV REDLINE M6 S2
noticed oil on the floor of me garage, found the inputshaft seal leaking so holden replaced my 6speed man and cars only done 5k. also got a rattle in the roof where the roof mount dvd player is, getting them to fix that next service !