Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your VE- What problems have you had

Nuddy989

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
my 2007 ssv has no problems at all. since a week of owning it, it's been tuned, otr, full exhaust and i drive it like ####ing crazy, i'm actually quite surprised that i haven't done my licence in it. as in my average fuel is 24.5L/100

i've had the car for 4 months, bought it at 100,000 k's ive now done 115,000 that being said when i bought it like 2 days after I had all the oils changed and a full check over of the car

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Had nothing wrong with mine. 2008 model, 80,000 km's and the clutch is still going strong. Engine drives smoothly. It's decently modified and I'm surprised the clutch hasn't given way. So really the only thing wrong with it is I haven't strapped on a supercharger kit :p

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
as i posted earlier ive had a few issues but give me a VE over any earlier model anyday! still a bloody good car to drive compared to any model commy before it.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
To be fair to my WM Caprice, I did buy it from the auctions with no history and at a stupidly low price.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
To be fair to my WM Caprice, I did buy it from the auctions with no history and at a stupidly low price.
still a good place to buy, is it a 6 or 8?

xoom

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
What is sports mode, i dont have it in my SSV, i have active select (6 speed auto trans) but it wont kick back when in active select and **** for overtaking when in that unless you click it back to 3rd manually..

yes u do, just slide the gear to the left and dont push it up or down to activate active select mode. and and its not supposed to kick back, what would be the point.

Bazza

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 HSV Clubsport Z
I've had 4 Holden's in my time with 2 being VE's. 2008 SS Sportwagon, 2009 SSV Ute and the only issue I had was with the Sportwagon, and that being the rear hatch switch. Being that I work for a Holden dealer I usually keep my cars 2 years,but I may keep the Clubbie longer :)

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Had mine for 6 months and I've put 20,000kms on the clock, besides the phone not connecting to the bluetooth system a couple of times, no issues at all

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
What is sports mode, i dont have it in my SSV, i have active select (6 speed auto trans) but it wont kick back when in active select and **** for overtaking when in that unless you click it back to 3rd manually..

not looked at the series II But in mine it's in the front of the console alongside the stability control button.
Active select will go back a gear if you slow down... stops you from overloading the transmission.

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I have a 2008 ex Highway Patrol SS,
Replaced Harmonic balancer
Replaced Rear drive shafts
replaced sway bar bushes and links (still have a knock somewhere)
Replaced radiator and hoses
replaced Rear Main Seal
Faulty H-VAC Module (to be replaced soon)
Missing on startup
transmission problem
I have only had it 5 months and its driving me crazy already