Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB in the mainstream media

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
You're forgetting that the commodore has a loyal fan base like not many other car models do. So significant changes to it was always going to have a backlash and some existing owners boycotting it.
As has been said 100 times, they should have called it something else so it could be judged on it's own merits.

true, GM just suck at marketing these days.

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 GT Mustang,2019 Honda CR-V VTI LX AWD.
true, GM just suck at marketing these days.
Yes,but they now have David Buttner @ the helm.Working for Toyota should help them.Toyota where/are masters @ marketing.”Oh What a Feeling”!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes,but they now have David Buttner @ the helm.Working for Toyota should help them.Toyota where/are masters @ marketing.”Oh What a Feeling”!

i laughed when they hired him, no idea that toyota basically sells itself based on the brand and product.

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
i laughed when they hired him, no idea that toyota basically sells itself based on the brand and product.
Perhaps you need a bit of a history lesson on them?John Conomos,Bob Miller & Bob Johnston where the guy’s who made Toyota to what they are today in Australia.”Oh What a Feeling”was the jingle that Conomos & Miller started.Buttner has also kept Toyota @ #1 with his style.I have no doubt he should do a fairly good job.What have they got to lose? Nothing.They have nothing now.Why do you think GM has looked outside the box?They themselves seem an inept lot running an operation in Australia.Think if they could rid of it completely they wouldn’t shed any tears.They desperately need some sort of new direction.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Perhaps you need a bit of a history lesson on them?John Conomos,Bob Miller & Bob Johnston where the guy’s who made Toyota to what they are today in Australia.”Oh What a Feeling”was the jingle that Conomos & Miller started.Buttner has also kept Toyota @ #1 with his style.I have no doubt he should do a fairly good job.What have they got to lose? Nothing.They have nothing now.Why do you think GM has looked outside the box?They themselves seem an inept lot running an operation in Australia.Think if they could rid of it completely they wouldn’t shed any tears.They desperately need some sort of new direction.

toyota improved their product year on year, the marketing helped but would have meant nothing without the brand image and product to back them up.

what have GM got, a ragtag bunch of rebadges.

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota improved their product year on year, the marketing helped but would have meant nothing without the brand image and product to back them up.

what have GM got, a ragtag bunch of rebadges.
Of course marketing helps.Go and find a copy of Wheels Oct ‘17(picture of your favourite car on the cover) great article on Toyota,makes fascinating reading.Thought I knew a bit about them.Certainly gave me more knowledge into them.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Spotted a white ZB on tv series Rake.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Spotted a white ZB on tv series Rake.
Yep - noticed that too - looks like a mid range or poverty pack though with cloth seats. Not exactly a Senator's car of choice.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
The existence of the internet today highlights peoples views more than ever.

There may well have been plenty of people standing around the barbie in their stubbies sinking cans of (insert state brewed domestic beer) whingeing / lamenting the loss of the big Aussie car, it's just that their views were restricted to those within earshot rather than the whole world.

Yep you beat me to it, ..................."opinions are like a&#holes, everyone's got one", and with the net now everyone can have their 15 minutes of fame unlike back in the 1970's