Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Q&A

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I just spent a week driving a 2017 Honda (rental), nice little SUV, not a drivers car but on the plus side is was really frugal on gas. Got back into the missus Calais and the instant throttle response and blower noises makes me happy to spend more on gas.....

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
;) LOL , did a mod just type into the wrong thread?

I just spent a week driving a 2017 Honda (rental), nice little SUV, not a drivers car but on the plus side is was really frugal on gas. Got back into the missus Calais and the instant throttle response and blower noises makes me happy to spend more on gas.....

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I would like to know if the platform, drivetrain, Commo nose, etc is an amalgamation of bits (including head lights, grille, blinkers, vents and other cosmetics), taken off something else?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nahh, just my little anecdote on modern cars that are more about the bells & whistle's than the driver experience.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
I'd be surprised if the warranty exceeds three years/100k and that's one of the biggest issues with US owned companies these days.

Three years is no longer acceptable to consumers and is totally inadequate in a market where five and seven year/unlimited k's are increasingly common. It's an arrogant attitude and it says more about GM than the cars do. Long warranties tell the customer that the company has the confidence in their products to give long service with minimal problems. What does a lousy three years and limited distance tell you?

The other issue with modern advertising is the focus on storage, connectivity and convenience. Screw performance, braking, road behaviour or the things that really matter. Today's drivers dont care about those things. They want electronic bells and whistles and a hole to stuff their McCafe barista made breakfast coffee.

The way I read the press releases last year were that the 7 Year warranty was here to stay, not just a short term promotion which it turned out to be.

And also the service intervals are down to 12,000km or at 12 months now?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
What's the service costs and oil there running

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Im sure I read it in there, wireless phone charging? Iv yet to actually sit in one of these cars to have a looksy.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
What's the service costs and oil there running

Don't know serving costs , but they run 5W 30 dexos, I had a look at one being prepared at my local Holden yesterday , in the flesh , they look ok