Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Q&A

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
New models usually get crashed pretty quick. Give it a month!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I had a look at one the other day but it was not the VXR as that dealer was yet to get one. It was the Calais variant and it looked OK though I didn’t like that the electric handbrake release being on the passenger side of the centre console. Seems Opel/Holden were a little too cheap to make a new console with the button on the drives side for right hand drive markets.

I also didn’t like the fact that you couldn’t get a full size spare which was a bigger annoyance.

Is not having space for a full size spare going to be the new standard in new vehicles?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
having a chat to a couple of former colleagues from the police yesterday , who have tested the new ZB in 2.0 turbo , which will be the general duties cars , and the V6 which is for the highway patrol boys , in both instances the ZB canes the VF Evoke and SV6 in every sense , and that's with all the extra weight needed for police duties , so if a couple of coppers are happy with whats on offer , maybe we perhaps reserve judgement until we've driven one .

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
so if a couple of coppers are happy with whats on offer , maybe we perhaps reserve judgement until we've driven one

OK, but the car still needs a rhinoplasty.

It would be interesting to ask them if their general duties car still feels so good after they have driven it for 6 months.

I would say they are comparing this brand new car to a Police car that has been a workhorse for a couple of years, or the 50,000 km use by?. (Something like that?)

Reserve judgment, yes

FWD's don't age as well as RWD's

Last edited:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride

It would be interesting to ask them if their general duties car still feels so good after they have driven it for 6 months.

I would say they are comparing this brand new car to a Police car that has been a workhorse for a couple of years.

Reserve judgment, yes
No not at all , they were tested along side two run out VF's a Evoke and SV6 also in police livery , so they are well placed to comment on both the VF and ZB , any car will lose its zing after 6-12 months especially as police cars , which do get a hard life .

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

I would say they are comparing this brand new car to a Police car that has been a workhorse for a couple of years.

Reserve judgment, yes

FWD's don't age as well as RWD's

How many general duty or HWP cars are still active after two years?

In NSW, they were leased for 60,000km then disposed of through auction. In the case of HWP, this only took a few months to knock up. GD vehicles a little longer. This means that police are always driving cars only a few months old. Two years? No way.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride

In NSW, they were leased for 60,000km then disposed of through auction. In the case of HWP, this only took a few months to knock up. GD vehicles a little longer. This means that police are always driving cars only a few months old. Two years? No way.

generally , they are fairly knackered when they are replaced , I can't speak for the Australian police , over here they were getting sent off to auction when they get to around 100,000 K , as mentioned , fairly knackered , as an aside , very easy to tell them at the auctions , plain white , or a plain colour , holes in the dash , boot and roof , and scuffed up side bolsters on the seats , and vinyl back seats on some , (easily cleaned) , and a faint whiff of Dettol inside .

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6

Nsw run to 90k as do SA, Vic police around 60k.