Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

evolution theory.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
whenever i think about this and the universe it truely overwhelms me, we will never know why/how/when everything started, and to think how tiny humans are etc.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Creation and evolution and go hand in hand though (for all you theologists out there).

In the beginning, God created Heaven and Earth: A fairly simple concept for people to grasp without the thinkers that we have today.

On the first day, God said "let there be light": This was before He created night and day. Who says a day in the eyes of God is 24hrs? Why can't it be 2 million years? Time means nothing to Him, it isn't even his concept, it is mans.

So having said that, why can't God create everything in seven days, but those seven days actually spanned a few million years in our terms. So while God created everything, organisms still had to evolve.

I'm not saying that this is what I believe, just another theory to ponder.

Very good point. I know I've looked into this as a catholic. The church has no problem with evolution as long as we are willing to accept man does not come from a lesser being but was in fact created. Nothing wrong with believing that animals evolved.
Also you point about time is very true. From the time of man it is about 10,000 years which i think most people would tend to agree with but beyond that it is impossible to say how old the world is as time as we know it did not exist.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I believe in evolution but it still means its a theory, as is creationism, no factual proof as of yet means theory

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I believe in evolution but it still means its a theory, as is creationism, no factual proof as of yet means theory

The obvious difference being Evolution is a scientifically valid theory based on observation and experimentation and Creation... isn't.

To the we are small point, punch this up guys. I feel so hopelessly unimportant and yet so hopelessly important all at the same time:

Scale of Universe - Interactive Scale of the Universe Tool

One of Dawkins better speeches, very uplifting, kind makes me want to build a spaceship.

And.... feel small again:

Last edited by a moderator:

cracker

Reaction score
Very good point. I know I've looked into this as a catholic. The church has no problem with evolution as long as we are willing to accept man does not come from a lesser being but was in fact created. Nothing wrong with believing that animals evolved.
Also you point about time is very true. From the time of man it is about 10,000 years which i think most people would tend to agree with but beyond that it is impossible to say how old the world is as time as we know it did not exist.

carbon dating?

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
carbon dating?

Radiocarbon dating is only good to roughly 60,000 years. Beyond that they use others, uranium-lead dating can go back more than 4.5 billions year, however it is really on useful for times MORE than 1 million years ago due to its slow decay rate.

cracker

Reaction score
Radiocarbon dating is only good to roughly 60,000 years. Beyond that they use others, uranium-lead dating can go back more than 4.5 billions year, however it is really on useful for times MORE than 1 million years ago due to its slow decay rate.
various ways of tracing time threw raidoactive decay

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
i think: therefore i am

ponder that one for a while.

[stupid people wont get it]

[so dont bother pondering it if youre stupid]

excuse me but more correctly said....
COGITO ERGO SUM

which happens to be our old high school motto

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
The obvious difference being Evolution is a scientifically valid theory based on observation and experimentation and Creation... isn't.

Yeah, exactly. Based on how much observation compared to the scale of how long evolution takes? Kinda relative. But who knows 'God' may exist and scientifically be able to create atoms and molecules at will