Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

8 days without any postings....and weeks without seeing a ZB on the road

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Only issue I have heard about is a problem with the yellow paint. Kia offered to replace cars or repaint them. Wonder what General Morons would have done.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Only issue I have heard about is a problem with the yellow paint. Kia offered to replace cars or repaint them. Wonder what General Morons would have done.

Said that it's normal or user error.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Are you the Holden stooge on this forum? (edit) damage control postivity responder.
LOL that's funny. Do you really think I'd come on here and tell you about a failed engine and then morph into a Holden Stooge lol too funny.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I've been a Holden fan since the mid 60's and owned numerous models from FB onwards. I've never seen a time in Holdens history where their model lineup has been less inspiring or competitive. Their best vehicle struggles to sell because we've decided we want either small hatchbacks or SUV's. Their small hatchback is a decent car, but can't compete with Toyota, Mazda, Kia or Hyundai because they are better. Their SUV's can't match Toyota, Ford or Mitsubishi in sales for various reasons. The Arcadia might reverse this trend, it's too early to say. There is nothing in their current range that appeals to me and clearly, I'm not alone. They can try every sales tactic they can think of, but you can't polish a turd.

I agree. The Colorado is very very much under rated IMO (I bought one). From what I hear the Acadia is a good thing compared to its competitors (zero interest for me so I haven't looked much further). Struggling to think of much else near the front of the market in their line up.

Big fan of the HSV Silverado but the Camaro is $25k too expensive and needs LSA. HSV Colorado thing - WTF??? Needs Bar + Winch + Lift and it'd be a real contender.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Same dealer that sold me my Calais V is a Kia dealer as well. They have also had an engine failure on a Stinger and it took Kia 3 months to get a replacement engine. I know of one other engine failure on another one and I have heard that Australian Highway patrol have had some issues. Stinger's look good from the outside, inside they're very Korean...much like any other Kia, done to a real budget.
All depends on whether straight line performance is all important or handling...lots of corners around where I live.
Mate has just bought one, comparing notes next week when he's back from holiday. I'm probably the only one on here that's driven both but what would I know...

Its not just me that thinks the quality control on the Stinger leaves a fair bit to be desired https://www.caradvice.com.au/627317/cars-we-own-2017-kia-stinger-330si-diary/

Last edited:

Villa_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS 2.0 turbo
If you say anything good about Holden on here you must work for them.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
LOL that's funny. Do you really think I'd come on here and tell you about a failed engine and then morph into a Holden Stooge lol too funny.
Damn - wrong target! ;)

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
I agree. The Colorado is very very much under rated IMO (I bought one). From what I hear the Acadia is a good thing compared to its competitors (zero interest for me so I haven't looked much further). Struggling to think of much else near the front of the market in their line up.

Agreed. I'm actually going to go ahead and stand up for a few Holden products here and not join in the hate. I drove a 2018 Colorado almost 200kms late last year and absolutely loved it and I hate dual cab utes. Actual truck-like torque and decent refinement everywhere, nice interior and it felt absolutely bullet-proof. Good driving position and great tech too.

My partner has a 2015 Trax and while it's easy to bag out small SUVs, for her it is the perfect car. Far from just a jacked-up small car, with its big-ish rims and rubber and Holden suspension tweaks, it actually feels 'planted'. It's not huge inside but big enough to cart her basketball buddies around the State and its little engine is surprisingly willing and good on fuel. I've been caught speeding in it more than both my BIG Holdens. It's at 75,000 kms now and all that's gone wrong is a thermostat temp sensor, replaced swiftly under warranty.

The Trax impressed the family so much her mum went and bought a 2017 model (which is a bit better looking!) And the Colorado... if I was in the market for a dual cab, it'd be on my short list for sure.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Agreed. I'm actually going to go ahead and stand up for a few Holden products here and not join in the hate. I drove a 2018 Colorado almost 200kms late last year and absolutely loved it and I hate dual cab utes. Actual truck-like torque and decent refinement everywhere, nice interior and it felt absolutely bullet-proof. Good driving position and great tech too.

My partner has a 2015 Trax and while it's easy to bag out small SUVs, for her it is the perfect car. Far from just a jacked-up small car, with its big-ish rims and rubber and Holden suspension tweaks, it actually feels 'planted'. It's not huge inside but big enough to cart her basketball buddies around the State and its little engine is surprisingly willing and good on fuel. I've been caught speeding in it more than both my BIG Holdens. It's at 75,000 kms now and all that's gone wrong is a thermostat temp sensor, replaced swiftly under warranty.

The Trax impressed the family so much her mum went and bought a 2017 model (which is a bit better looking!) And the Colorado... if I was in the market for a dual cab, it'd be on my short list for sure.
There's really nothing inherently wrong with any current Holden model. It's just that they are well off the pace compared with the best in their class. Nearly 4 years ago, I traded a 2006 3.2 Captiva on a new 2015 4 cylinder auto Captiva. Why? Because the price was right, no other reason. There were much better cars in that market sector but none were close to the self imposed 20k plus trade in price I had set myself. Do I regret my choice? To some extent, yes. It's not powerful enough and the 6 speed auto's ratios are poorly spaced. It's much better to use the manual shift to ensure decent climbing performance and it lacks a few modern items which are now taken for granted. But it's been reliable, economical, comfortable and the right size for us. Would I buy another Holden, though when this one's time is up? Certainly not from the current range. There's a reason that the current line-up isn't selling well and it isn't failure to identify the cars as Holdens. It's because other car makers do it better.