Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cabin Filter

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
just did mine 5 mins ago,looks like the mesh screen is no longer used & it wont fit any way, the new white filter in my opinion should have a surround around it to give it a bit more support

k3v0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
That is what i thought. There is no Suport on it so i kept trying to put the mesh back on.

demo9pro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport R8
Did some of the folds get ruined on the filter when you guys put yours in?

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
no they bent a couple of times, but i did put in/take out a couple of goes for them just to sit right

allun

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SV6
What about the VZ

So...the VZ SV6 underbonnet area looks a bit different to the diagram - can anyone save me the time to pop out the scrivets and tell me if there is a filter that will go in there?

Cheers

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Only relevant Thread i could find,i have a 2012 Series 11 and purchased the correct filter,Ryco RCA162MS,but when i lifted everything up all that is there is a Nylon screen attached to the Firewall,no where for the Ryco Filter to fit.Anyone fitted a Cabin filter to a series 11? ....TIA.

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Only relevant Thread i could find,i have a 2012 Series 11 and purchased the correct filter,Ryco RCA162MS,but when i lifted everything up all that is there is a Nylon screen attached to the Firewall,no where for the Ryco Filter to fit.Anyone fitted a Cabin filter to a series 11? ....TIA.

Rip the old nylon screen out of where it is sitting and put your new cabin filter in the same place.
Just make sure that your filter goes in the correct way, it should say which way the airflow is to go through it.
I just installed a genuine cabin filter in my Series 1 SS-V and it is not difficult to do.
I paid $30NZ for genuine AC-Delco when Repco wanted $50+NZ for a Ryco one.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Rip the old nylon screen out of where it is sitting and put your new cabin filter in the same place.
Just make sure that your filter goes in the correct way, it should say which way the airflow is to go through it.
I just installed a genuine cabin filter in my Series 1 SS-V and it is not difficult to do.
I paid $30NZ for genuine AC-Delco when Repco wanted $50+NZ for a Ryco one.

Thanks for making the effort to reply,& VS-Pete,sorted it out,as you say the nylon mesh thing has to come out,i was trying to fit the Ryco in front of it,duh!.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I use a bit of double sided tape on the top edge to keep it in place .