Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car amps

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I was looking at an alpine amp... I don't need links all I'm asking would a 650 watt or a 1000 watt or a 2000 watt and should it be a digital or not.....

You haven't been reading anything. What's 2000watts, 2000 watts of what? 2000 killerwasps? Greater or higher per channel output to that of your speakers rms handling.

DAZ60L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Thanks anyway mate great help..... Your knowledge is superior than mine... I will find the info I need another way and to the mods this is why this forum is going to ****.... I have been a member of JC for a few years now and I can't remember the last time a question was answered without someone puffing there chest out trying to show they know more than everyone else.... I'm assuming that by the way my post was worded I didn't know what I was talking about I wanted a basic answer and I got jibber... So please ban me or unsubscribe me I have had it

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
DAZ... You need to stop talking in maximum watts. It makes no sense and you can't look at those numbers and choose the correct product to match it as everyone makes up their max wattage numbers differently. You need to tell us what the nominal/RMS/continuous power rating is OR the model numbers and then we can tell you an amp to suit them.

[edit]
Since I'm bored at work I looked at the Fusion website. The power plant splits are rated at 120Wrms (280Wmax) and the 2-way coaxials are rated at 110Wrms (240Wmax).

If you want a 4 channel amp you really want something matching or higher so 120Wrms x 4 which are not very common. You might find 150Wrms x 4 but it won't be cheap. This is the dilemma I have at the moment so I'm going to have to get two big 2 channel amps instead of a single 4 channel.

Beav

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr commodore
Ok I pulled the sub out of the box to get some details. On the bottom of the subwoofer is what a presume to be a product number which is TS-W307D4

Also has 1200 W MAX
400 W NOM

Hope this helps

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Thanks anyway mate great help..... Your knowledge is superior than mine... I will find the info I need another way and to the mods this is why this forum is going to ****.... I have been a member of JC for a few years now and I can't remember the last time a question was answered without someone puffing there chest out trying to show they know more than everyone else.... I'm assuming that by the way my post was worded I didn't know what I was talking about I wanted a basic answer and I got jibber... So please ban me or unsubscribe me I have had it

Daz, fair go my crap sense of humour my post was mimicking that of a Toyota add...

The forum hasn't gone to sh1t as you put it from smart ass replies and comments, and there's a handful of people on the forum that can give you great advice when it come to audio related topics. Rather people not searching or reading the topics that have all ready been covered.

But the more information you give us, the more we can give you back. So far this thread has covered what types of amplifiers there are, the difference between nominal and peak power, and the sort of problems that can arise when using an amplifier both under and over powered.

Why should we be the ones to bend over backwards every time to drill people with questions when were only to try to get the best outcome for someone else? Along with that most of the time were stuck trying to decipher a bunch of posts with lousy spelling and punctuation?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Ok I pulled the sub out of the box to get some details. On the bottom of the subwoofer is what a presume to be a product number which is TS-W307D4

Also has 1200 W MAX
400 W NOM

Hope this helps

You said in your post above that the sub is a single voice coil. The letters "D4" stand for dual 4 ohm voice coils if i'm not mistaken, and also according to Pioneers website. Is this the subwoofer you have? TS-W307D4 (Archived) - Pioneer Europe

If so, then just about any monoblock will do the job, seeing as you will be able to wire the voice coils in parallel to a 2ohm load to the amp. So what your looking for in a mono block amp will be 400rms or prefferably higher @ 2ohms. You'll get away with spending <$200 if you shop at the right places.

Beav

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr commodore
Yes that's my sub. Sorry for my mistake not the best with audio. But thanks for your info, that's going to help alot now I know what I can use. Thank-you

Beav

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr commodore
Is this suitable, MRD-M1005 alpine

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Yes it is, but it's an awful lot of money to spend on a sub of that caliber.