Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hates/Dislikes about the VF SII

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
It has been well reported and demonstrated that the HVAC system is greatly affected by having any of the vents closed. Any vents partially or fully closed and the system goes haywire. Just like the mylink often does not work well with IOS devices especially if they are using older versions of IOS. Upgrade the OS on your mobile and have the version of the mylink upgraded by your dealer to the latest version and many bugs are fixed.

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
I've heard a lot about problems with mylink and ios, and I haven't had one problem. I've had quite a few with ios and the system in my FG mkii though.

jbcow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 redline sportwagon
It has been well reported and demonstrated that the HVAC system is greatly affected by having any of the vents closed. Any vents partially or fully closed and the system goes haywire. Just like the mylink often does not work well with IOS devices especially if they are using older versions of IOS. Upgrade the OS on your mobile and have the version of the mylink upgraded by your dealer to the latest version and many bugs are fixed.

Holden may have fixed this by now, at least in new stock. My May 2016 build SSVR Sportwagon doesn't seem to have the issue. HVAC works exactly as I expect it too. For my rear passengers to get higher airflow from the rear vents, I have closed off the two centre vents in the front.
I did this soon after new. HVAC works fine under cooling, heating and different temps set across the dual zones.

mrd0683

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Ute (Black edition)
"1st world problems" ...

1) Whilst on a phone call (bluetooth) and using navigation at same time, navigation voice interferes with phone call. <-- found how to "Mute prompts"
2) No quick way to cancel Navigation guidance, i.e a [X] button on the map or similar.
3) Have to re-insert USB stick every time I start the car for it to read/index mp3s.
4) HUD brightness dips randomly.

Last edited:

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
I hate that whenever I park my Redline I can't help but look back at it when I walk off. I know people are looking but I can't help it!!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I have a Redline wagon ... I'm not under the misapprehension that anyone can tell the difference between it & an Omega wagon filled with carpet samples. ;)

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I have a Redline wagon ... I'm not under the misapprehension that anyone can tell the difference between it & an Omega wagon filled with carpet samples. ;)
You could always put the faux wood panel vinyl wrap back on if you wanted to stand out....

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
I bought the car for the way it sounds and goes and I wasn't disappointed. I ordered a base SS with paddles only so I could hear it more often, especially on downshift.

I forgive everything else, it replaced an Audi which was better in every other way. I figured this was as good as the Commodore was going to get and I might as well get one now, I am happier overall because its just more fun to drive.

1) Hated the vents at first - but now I don't... go figure. I think they are there to tell 6.0 owners to stand down at the lights :hiding:
2) Hated the SS wheels, but I also hated the S2 SSV and SSVR wheels, so I bought a set of S1 SSVR forged wheels that I do like and bolted them on.
3) Yes MyLink is horrible, but so are most of the other brands equivalent. My wife just got a new car with CarPlay and it's the way to go ! If the SS had CarPlay I would be 100% happy.

Flo Rider

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
VF1 owner and dont think the climate control or the MyLink is so much of a con. They are quirky but useable and do the job once you work them out.

Flo Rider

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
A-pillars would be more of a con. But once again you get used to them and not so much of a con.