Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

idiots on freeways

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
What I hate is when you are overtaking in the right hand lane doing the speed limit and yet you have wankers hooning along sitting on your arse wanting you to move over even though you are overtaking and there is not a safe space to move back over to the left lanes. They can go #### themselves I am not breaking any road rules and if I am overtaking I don't have to move over just so that you can speed and overtake faster. People seem to think speeding to overtake is acceptable but it is illegal.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
i would like to think they at least know simple rules like this off the to of their head

Considering all the KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING signs are plastered everywhere it should be an easy one to remember as it is also taught when getting your licence.

i cannot agree more about people knowing simple rules. especially it its plastered around everywhere.
its something that should be enforced more.

but i still doubt everyone knows every single road rule out there.
hell ive asked people who are in charge of the road rules and they could not give me an answer to some semi basic road rules.
i like to believe i know most road rules. and when unsure ill go find it out. but when people who are involved with the actual road rules and they cannot give you a straight answer in black and white, it leaves you wondering.

but still we will never see our roads get better in aus.
the speeds will stay the same and nothing will change.
people will still make others frustrated. think they know what they are doing (no one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes)
and there will always be people... like myself =P who will complain. and then get over it =P

so may aswell calm down, relax, be focussed and just drive like you should and to the law and to your abilities (which should be to the standard of everyone on the road)
if others want to break it/cause trouble good on them. it may annoy me, but so long as i arrive in 1 piece im happy. maybe frustrated but ill get over it.
no point crying over spilt milk afterall.

Last edited:

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
or those that sit in the middle on a 3 lane highway?

Left; entering and exiting traffic, middle; cruising lane, right; overtaking lane.

But yeah you wouldn't be happy unless they did exactly as you do i'm guessing.

FAIL.....never seen the signs " keep left unless overtaking"?

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I only have 1 point on my license, so if i'm in the right lane going 100, which is the limit on the freeway that I go to work on, and you're up my arse telling me to get in the other lane, I'll glady give you the finger because I'm not going to change lanes, or speed faster than the limit, just because some douche doesn't want to overtake on the left.

If I'm behind someone on the freeway & they're going 80 in the left, middle, or right lane, I don't shake my head and laugh or tell them to move, I just drive around them and forget about them as they become a speck in my rear window regardless of which lane I have to overtake them on. Who really gives a **** what lane you're in, as long as you're going 100, which is the limit, who cares?

/end rant

It is people like you that make driving on highways and freeways a pain in the bum.

Have you every had you speedometer checked for accuracy?

If you are driving a VL Commodore then it would of been released when the requirements for speedo accuracy were a little more flexible than what they are for todays cars.

So if your speedo is out by a couple of Kph then you in fact could be traveling less than the posted speed limit, which could be one reason for people sitting behind you trying to get past.
But hey thats ok, YOUR speedo says 100Kph so it must be accurate, right.

Its people like you that create traffic issues because of a poor attitude on the road.
How hard is it to merge back into the left lane once you have passed the vehicles that were traveling slower than you?

You are not the law. If people want to go faster than you, then move over and let them go.
You will also find that flipping the bird to another motorist is now a fine-able offense in most states, I think it comes under the road rage act, or something like it.
I am sure someone will look this up and correct me if wrong!

So by sitting in the right lane and flipping the bird to people you are breaking two laws. That one point you have left may not last to long.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
What I hate is when you are overtaking in the right hand lane doing the speed limit and yet you have wankers hooning along sitting on your arse wanting you to move over even though you are overtaking and there is not a safe space to move back over to the left lanes. They can go #### themselves I am not breaking any road rules and if I am overtaking I don't have to move over just so that you can speed and overtake faster. People seem to think speeding to overtake is acceptable but it is illegal.

See thats where I am different now, I used to do what you do, but it is not worth the hassle. I speed up 5k's move across let and let them by. It gets frustrating waiting 10 minutes for one car to slowly edge past another.

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
FAIL.....never seen the signs " keep left unless overtaking"?

Lol only posted on every freeway in nsw, dunno where your from but if you don't know that rule stay the #### off the freeway!

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
See thats where I am different now, I used to do what you do, but it is not worth the hassle. I speed up 5k's move across let and let them by. It gets frustrating waiting 10 minutes for one car to slowly edge past another.

I just put my brakes on and watch them rage, it brings the lulz