Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
^^^ I can only see one "large" sedan there, being the HK/T/G. Aside from the prevalence of SUVs today, nothing else really different.

1st gen commodores aren't large.

In fact there are probably more large sedans today than back then.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
VS 5.0, I agree with you based on actual measurements & I don't agree with you based on "claimed market segment".
:D

A new Mazda3 is more roomy than an HK ... the HK feels more airy due to lack of headrests, bigger windows letting more light in (and A/B/C pillars which will collapse & crush you if the car rolls over - unlike even a new Kia Rio), but a new Mazda3 has more actual room for occupants to spread out. And a Mazda3 is ... well, we've kinda redefined that class of car, we now kinda call them small-mid whereas a 323 was really quite small. But still, today's "small-mid" cars are as large as what we used to think of as large family cars!

Wagons in any size are harder to find though, gerlytrux have definitely caused that.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Out of pure curiosity, just wondering if anyone out there will consider the NG commodore once it arrives?

Nope.....No chance in hell of me buying one of these things.
I wouldn't even take one if they gave it to me.
As far as I'm concerned the commodore is dead

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II - HSV Body Kit
My Lightning will be my last, I always said if i could not buy an Aussie made commodore i would buy an Aussie falcon.
Subaru or the stinger might be an option.

TypHooning

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF MKII XR6T
As a bunch of others have observed, the Stinger (rubbish name aside) is the only other car I'd consider. It looks to be a legit great car, at a very compelling price.

Unless we're including currently available cars, in which case Skoda are making terrific wagons at the moment.

Ponza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk GroupA, VF SSV Redline
I had a look at an Insigna on Wednesday when I was at the dealer getting a new pwr steer rack fitted and I liked what I saw for the $$.
I was of the opinion that NO I won't buy one because it's not Aussie made but let's be real nothing is anymore.
When I'm in the market for a new car I will certainly take one for a drive and have a better look at what features they have.
I think it should keep the Insigna name and just let the Commodore name be apart of our great manufacturing history.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
It will be the best commodore ever, it's to do with the future of the way cars are evolving.
I can see we will be paying $3 a litre coming not to far away, because of all the madness being played out now with oil will be sure to come back to bite us hard in the end.
From all the new advanced tec the all wheel drive V6 should be a bloody good car, that will go like the clappers and make the V8 VF become dated and backwards.
A V6 super charged one could be on the cards down the track, it's easy done.
There is no future in making a 6.2L V8, maybe a 5.0L V8 but that 6.2L drinks like a fish and the VE-F got to big and heavy, it's a walrus !

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
A V6 super charged one could be on the cards down the track, it's easy done.

I don't know if you looked under the bonnet of the insignia and from what I have heard the new V6 model has even less room hence no Turbo. But fitting a supercharger I don't think it's going to be a easy. Not saying you can't just don't believe it will be easy done.
And I don't think it's that great looking car to many other choices in that market.

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Second hand M5..........that's what I'd be hoping for

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I had a look at an Insigna on Wednesday when I was at the dealer getting a new pwr steer rack fitted and I liked what I saw for the $$.
I was of the opinion that NO I won't buy one because it's not Aussie made but let's be real nothing is anymore.
When I'm in the market for a new car I will certainly take one for a drive and have a better look at what features they have.
I think it should keep the Insigna name and just let the Commodore name be apart of our great manufacturing history.
My mate said than the NEW Commodore comes out he will look at it at the Holden Dealers and tell them I might buy a Insigna.

This is the Same rubbish we had with the Lexen and since the Lexen was a Commodore re badge, well when the NEW Commodore come out and if you like it go buy the Genuine and the Genuine is the Insigna