Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Not all people in the burbs are dropping off their kids at school or going to the local shops in SUVs, but you do see more SUVs doing these regular chores than you do an Aussie V8!

We have one of each.

My real Aussie V8 does just as much general duties (including school drop off, shop runs and 50+ kms per day round trip to work) as the SUV.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
htfu - was Holden Engine Company (HEC) in years past. But you already knew that :rolleyes:

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
A lot of people will say the Bunnings stuff works with the right prep ... but when you get down to it theirs didn't work properly with the Bunnings stuff either, it still only lasts a couple of years.
What you really need to use is the stuff that's really toxic to put down, so Bunnings most-likely won't have it.
I decided that for the sake of the $2k price-difference, I'd instead get someone else to kill themselves (they've got all the right respirators etc), and it's way harder to scratch & easier to clean-up than the Bunnings stuff is. For example you can drop a screwdriver on mine.
Only problem is colour, it's hard to get a crisp light battleship grey because UV always yellows it to some degree. I really like the finishes you can get with metallic flakes & the like too, but I was more worried about being able to see dropped screws etc (as well as not making the garage too dark) than appearance so didn't go that way (prolly costs more anyway).
The other problem ... it's apparently susceptible to concreters. Concreters can destroy it. We had some paving done in the back yard, they were mixing on the driveway & apparently got some of their Whatever on the exposed epoxy. So there's a thin strip in front of the garage door where the epoxy has lifted like 80's European-car clear-coat. By the time I worked out what the problem was it was too late to do anything much about it.

I've used the epoxy floor coating from Bunnings, it all comes down to prep work, cleaner, rougher the concrete the better it sticks, if you got any oils or
grease embedded in the concrete, or shiney surface, it will come off. Did mind a couple of years ago now, and no problems, and it's been given hard time. Cleaned it twice, used etching solution twice, 2 coats of paint, and 2 coat of clear sealer, total cost about $200 including paint brushes and rollers.
Well worth doing.

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
added some new pics of the SOAG to my ride thread. quick teaser.
DSC_0214_zps0ozn6ucx.jpg

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I’m posting this here and also in the ‘What deal did you get for your Limited Edition model’ thread.

It’s a big thread and this may have already been discussed but are the new owners asking the Dealers to make sure they keep all the transport and pre-delivery factory stickers and documentation for their cars?

I see the Yanks are doing it for the new and last Holden Chev SS and are either having the dealer put everything in a folder or leave everything on the car and if they choose to, strip it off themselves.

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
I'll be asking them to keep anything that comes off my Redline.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I’m posting this here and also in the ‘What deal did you get for your Limited Edition model’ thread.

It’s a big thread and this may have already been discussed but are the new owners asking the Dealers to make sure they keep all the transport and pre-delivery factory stickers and documentation for their cars?

I see the Yanks are doing it for the new and last Holden Chev SS and are either having the dealer put everything in a folder or leave everything on the car and if they choose to, strip it off themselves.

Hi panhead,

Not sure if you saw my posts a few pages back, but I got my Redline delivered with all plastics/stickers still intact.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...and-release-date.253887/page-177#post-2881745

I even got the production line photos.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...and-release-date.253887/page-178#post-2881750

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Anyone looking at seat covers, shell out the dough for the Holden neoprene ones, just fitted them and they are a great fit! (Maybe just because I'm so used to universal fit covers) but these things are really nice, and will keep that leather in new condition for years!

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Did you considetba blackbroof, or possibly getting a wrap done.....i think it would look amaeing.

I spoke to my good friend the signwriter on the weekend and I told him that I was getting one of the SS-V Redlines soon, and asked for the black wrap for the roof (or carbon fibre or a similar brush metal that he had on his van.) He stated that it would barely last 2 years because the roof is horizontal and the UV would kill the vinyl - doesn't matter how good the quality of vinyl it is. He wraps a lot of cars and vans and if it is vertical (doors/sides) the vinyl will last a lot longer. If it is on the roof and you park your car in the garage for most of the time, then obviously it will last much longer.