Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
3 lanes on the freeway.

1 fckwit in each lane next to each other.

Each fckwit doing 10 km/h below the speed limit.

Oooh...what's that ? A speed camera.

3 fckwits hit their brakes simultaneously.

Fck fck fck fck fck fck.

Perhaps the fckwits from Top Gear Australia were filming

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
Every single ####ing day I get swooped by the same ####ing magpie at the same ####ing time no matter what street I walk down the little #### has me cornered I seriously have chunks missing from my head, I would hate what it would done if I wasn't wearing a hoody.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
I got swooped by one the other week , when I was going for a run , I had an mental image of me lying on the road with a magpie pecking at my lifeless body , not really how I pictured myself going .

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Every single ####ing day I get swooped by the same ####ing magpie at the same ####ing time no matter what street I walk down the little #### has me cornered I seriously have chunks missing from my head, I would hate what it would done if I wasn't wearing a hoody.

Wear a mask backwards or draw some eyes on the back of your hoody. I bet they stop swooping you.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01

I think it's telling you that you need deportment lessens, walk with a book on your head.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

Take a tennis racquet with you. He swoops, you swing, one of you is losing.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I like magpies, love their songs. We feed them, they bring their babies when they fledge and it's all good. I have not been swooped since I was about 13, that's a long time ago. There's a swoopy one down the road a bit, not one of the crew we feed, that gives people a bit of a hard time including my wife but it seems to like me and won't swoop me, or my wife if I'm with her. Dunno why, I don't feed them as their territory is not our house. I do whistle, mimic their song, when I see them though.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wear a mask backwards or draw some eyes on the back of your hoody. I bet they stop swooping you.

apparently that does work . It must be an Aussie and a NZ thing , with the bastard magpies being so toey

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Just carry long sticks that stick our over your head. It's better than the eyes. Saw a thing on Facebook where a Milburn radio station tried the sticks and eyes. Sticks worked. Eyes on helmet didn't.
Edit: Sticks stopped the magpie hitting the host. Eyes were being hit hard. Lucky she had a helmet.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
If you keep looking at the magpie, it will NOT swoop.
The moment you take your eyes off them........watch out!!!!
They're bloody cowards and will only swoop when you're not looking at them.

Anyway.......
That bloody "Dancing With The Stars" song and dance advertisement,
really does my head in.
Mind you, the Chicky Babes are good value.