Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Typical pathetic Australian standards of "customer service".

"We want higher wages!"

Yeah sure, lemme get on that.

I see the same thing when I go to Coles or Woolworths. As a former Woolworths Dept Manager and with a family in Head Office payroll, I see staff wastage all the time when I go into stores.

Youve got these self serve registers that people sometimes love or hate. Personally, I despise them, but if Ive got like 3 items, its quicker just to smash through the self serve.

But their management structure is so damn bloated at their stores. Youve got 3 managers sitting at the front desk doing #### all and you get them then complaining they dont have the budget for front end cashiers. Hot ####ing tip. You can hire 3 full time cashiers for the price of a front end manager. You dont need a supervisor, duty manager and 2IC on. They stand around, refuse to do any cashier work and will call for service to get someone from the back before they actually sign onto the register.

Then you get to places where they have a ton of people on, and none of them want to do anything. Its really bad at the places that lock things up. Oh you want that item that is locked behind that glass. GOOD LUCK FINDING SOMEONE HA!

Last edited:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
"We want higher wages!"

Yeah sure, lemme get on that.

I see the same thing when I go to Coles or Woolworths. As a former Woolworths Dept Manager and with a family in Head Office payroll, I see staff wastage all the time when I go into stores.

Youve got these self serve registers that people sometimes love or hate. Personally, I despise them, but if Ive got like 3 items, its quicker just to smash through the self serve.

But their management structure is so damn bloated at their stores. Youve got 3 managers sitting at the front desk doing #### all and you get them then complaining they dont have the budget for front end cashiers. Hot ####ing tip. You can hire 3 full time cashiers for the price of a front end manager. You dont need a supervisor, duty manager and 2IC on. They stand around, refuse to do any cashier work and will call for service to get someone from the back before they actually sign onto the register.

Then you get to places where they have a ton of people on, and none of them want to do anything. Its really bad at the places that lock things up. Oh you want that item that is locked behind that glass. GOOD LUCK FINDING SOMEONE HA!

I am personally seeing the rise of the lazy worker, I swear they are multiplying like rabbits.

I remember one personal experience. I've just finished a 13 hour day at work with no break, was dropping something off to my nan, but quickly ducked into Woolworths on the way. I get to the register and was the only one in line (quiet at 8:30pm), and this young girl, maybe 17 or 18, ignores me for a minute while she is talking to the manager 5 metres away, about how she has worked 2 hours without a break. I wanted to kill her. And kill the manager for not telling her to serve the customer first.

Stop being a bunch of soft, whiney, entitled shits.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
And it doesn't change in the adult workforce when EBAs are involved. BRING BACK INDIVIDUAL EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS with PERFORMANCE MEASURABLES!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I am personally seeing the rise of the lazy worker, I swear they are multiplying like rabbits.

I remember one personal experience. I've just finished a 13 hour day at work with no break, was dropping something off to my nan, but quickly ducked into Woolworths on the way. I get to the register and was the only one in line (quiet at 8:30pm), and this young girl, maybe 17 or 18, ignores me for a minute while she is talking to the manager 5 metres away, about how she has worked 2 hours without a break. I wanted to kill her. And kill the manager for not telling her to serve the customer first.

Stop being a bunch of soft, whiney, entitled shits.

I speak up when that happens. As I'm in my 60's, I probably fit the grouchy old bastard description pretty well, but I'm past caring what other people think.

I was in next in line at one of those bloody self serve things at Coles one day with a couple of other people also waiting. A supervisor was oversighting the things to make sure people moved through quickly. A machine became vacant and this old duck next to me started to move towards it. I said, "Just a minute, madam. I was next." She turns and looks at me and says, "Oh, I didn't see you." Well, as I'm only 6"4" and around 110kg, I can understand I might be a little difficult to spot from a metre away.

Stupid old bitch.

(Cranky old bastard!)

munter000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
We have the self serve register at a supermarket near us. The thing that gets my goat is the automated voice that is slightly excited, slightly too quick and most importantly, slightly too loud.

I am in my 60's and dont mind sharing my opinion when necessary.....I sometimes talk back to the machine in an irritated fashion....."please remove your items from the bagging area"!!!!!

Another cranky old bastard

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Cranky Old Bastards :p

And on that note, I can see me annoying myself in the not too distant future.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
My fuse has become that short, I cant even see it:boxing:
Banks piddle me off, wanting you to do everything outside at the ATM. I said to one teller, that if we all go
out to the ATMs, you wont have a job. She couldnt understand that.:hmmm:

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
People that constantly stretch the truth (lie) about the amount of overtime they do and expect others to do the same so they dont get busted.

#### em, were on a good wicket as is, you want the money you bloody work for it and dont ruin it for the rest of us.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
My fuse has become that short, I cant even see it:boxing:
Banks piddle me off, wanting you to do everything outside at the ATM. I said to one teller, that if we all go
out to the ATMs, you wont have a job. She couldnt understand that.:hmmm:

True.

The other day I was all CBA and wanted to deposit some cash in my account. The ATM outside had a guy putting new lettering above the ATM (ATM, deposit cash, cheques, etc), so I went and stood in line. Lady walks up to me, "HER: Are you looking to deposit cash? Did you know you can do that at the ATM now?", "ME:Yes, but there is someone working on the ATM at the moment". "HER:Let me show you how to use it", "ME:Yes but there is someone working on the ATM" , "HER: Oh Really, lets go have a look". FFS did you even listen? You are too old to be as ditzy as a teenager, and I am a 28yo nerd, I know how to use a damn ATM. But to humor her I followed her outside, and lo and behold there is the sign guy on a ladder directly over the ATM. "HER: Oh lets go deposit it inside". No **** sherlock.