Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[ULIEKTHIS] - iChris' LS1 Statesman

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
ripped out the mobile phone holder as the lid was broken and wouldn't stay shut and replaced it with a cup holder insert from a povo spec vy/vz with the little tray that goes on top. much simpler and neater than the flip door thing that breaks as soon as you look at it.

null_zps1dca01b8.jpg

null_zpsc99b8c13.jpg

and so many coins under the console and years worth of old receipts and crumbs. I even found a used band aid. that **** made my skin crawl and I washed my hands several times after going under there. I'm a butcher by trade and seen some nasty **** but someone's old used band aid made me sick. I'm probably lucky that all those coins didn't cause a short somewhere.

null_zps45d16fc6.jpg

also picking up my fitted floor mats tomorrow and I've got a new set of chrome nut covers on the way. small steps but it's all worth it. going to also get a new set of headlamps and probably some new fog lights too soon and swap the foggies/cornering lamps and parkers to led's when I do the swap. I'll probably start looking for a new grille too soon just because.

also washed and chamois today. sparkle sparkle.

null_zpsa21f3f5b.jpg

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Maybe try cut and polish on those wheels or light sand and autosol
That picture of the rubbers make your windows look hella good, dat reflection

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah I've got a big tin of autosol so I might try that. it actually looks like it's the clear coat that has peeled off in places. I just want to get them cleaned up a little before it's used in dad's wedding.

picked up my personalised fitted mats this morning, awesome quality and they even used metallic looking stitching for the logo. much better than the HSV ones. cost me $140 for the set, the mob I got them from is called "matcraft" and they are based in carlisle if any perth members are interested and they have a presence on ebay so they will most likely make and send mats australia wide.

null_zps89656c55.jpg

null_zps4f32f053.jpg

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah. Weird clear coat on metal rims

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
New mats look good.

With your exhaust tip, try using some aluminium foil rolled into a ball and water to get that gunk off. It sounds weird but you will be surprised what it can do.

Any luck with your rubber strips ? How did the shoe polish go ?

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
The shoe polish worked surprisingly well. It blacked the rubbers out again but it's still a little scaily. I'll hit the exhaust tips and wheels this arvo.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
I hit the headlights and foggies/cornering lights with a product I got today that's supposed to "restore" headlamps like those kits where you need to sand the lamps, etc. it's a blue paste that you simply rub on with a clean rag in firm circular motions and then buff off with a microfibre cloth without the need to sand the lamps. results where acceptable, but not outstanding. I think I'll still replace the lamps.

passenger's side

null_zps83b20824.jpg

and the driver's side foglight/cornering light, cornering light had been treated in this picture but I had yet to do the foglight.

null_zps71ca7598.jpg

also gave the wheels a real good clean with a non-acidic wheel cleaner and one of those green nylon scourer pads. wheels came up well but the marks are still there and upon closer inspection after the cleaning, I do believe it is indeed the top finishing coat has come off in places. apart from the finishing coat coming off, none of the wheels have any curb rash at all. just one of the perks of getting a car that was from the country.

null_zps51120f8f.jpg

below is the best wheel of the set. just need to wait for my new nut covers, I'm missing a few.

null_zps73d54627.jpg

I can't figure out how to remove the numberplate garnish to re-paint the black in the middle. it has a few screws on either side of the numberplate lights but it's still held in somehow. I'll probably just wait until the car is dry and tape it all up and attempt to do it while it's still on the car.

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Floor mats look good! I like how it suit the interior with Statesman logo holden more of luxury feel.

I like the cup holder idea and it look better than the phone holder.

You did the headlight bring it back to cleaner and also along with fog light, It look better than the Driver side but up to you, also get some led running daytime for headlight.

I think you could go for Caprice rims it would look better or Calais. Alsof or numberplate, try gentle pull it or something, but maybe something behind in the boot?

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
How much were the floormats? I need to get some of those for my Calais (not with Statesman logos though).