Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Eugene.kloppers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf SV6
Hi peeps, I have noticed that my driver seat of my 3 month old SV6 has collapsed and there is no more support from the bucket part of the seat. Has anyone ells have the same problem?

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Has anyone got a photo of the rubber that needs replacing on the drivers door?

Had mine in for its first service, and they are reluctant to change the rubber as he reckons they arrive all folded up and it could end up with lines/creases in it which could make it worse. They supposedly played with the door today, but it sounded worse on the way home.

What are others experiences? Any problems after getting rubber replaced?

cheers

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Still loving my VF sportswagen which was delivered July 2013. It has now done 18500kms with the following issues having occurred: rear tailgate sometimes does not lock with the car honking its horn twice to say the tailgate is not locked, wind and road noise from the front doors has now got worse and is now an annoyance. The Mylink and GPS at times do strange things and it is obvious that they both have some bugs. Fortunately I do not use an iPhone so I do not experience the demonstrated problems experiences by other members of this forum. Tailgate struts are also not working effectively anymore and I wonder if this is why tailgate sometimes does not lock. I will nominate all these issues when I put the sportswagen in for the recall notices of seat belt and wiper motor. I am just waiting on the letter to bring in the car for the wiper motor replacement.

Is there any service notice for the front door noise issue or have any members had this issue fixed or resolved. Thanks

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Is there any service notice for the front door noise issue or have any members had this issue fixed or resolved. Thanks

They still haven't worked out how to fix it yet I'm booked in again in a couple of weeks for them to try and fix it.

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
The engineers wanted a "picture" of my wind noise. This is what we are dealing with.
Send them this picture:
RCA_WO-91B_Salerno.jpg

6LVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
I complained about the wind noise on Friday when I had first service done.The service bloke said "that's normal".What a disgrace,I will be taking it further.Just not real sure how yet.

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
I complained about the wind noise on Friday when I had first service done.The service bloke said "that's normal".What a disgrace,I will be taking it further.Just not real sure how yet.
My SSV is my first ever Holden always having owned Ford's before. Their service guys must get similar training, I recall the line they always gave me at Ford was "They all do that" or I once even got "Mate, it's not a $80,000 luxury car" when complaining about power steering noise. I've always supported Australian made cars, even though it is a headache at times.
At least with all the factories closing down I won't have to feel bad when I buy a non-Australian car for my next ride. Cause I won't have a choice ;)

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
You sure the wind noise is not caused by the door mirror? They aren't the most aerodynamic in design but just a thought.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
You sure the wind noise is not caused by the door mirror? They aren't the most aerodynamic in design but just a thought.

I must be just lucky. I don't suffer from any wind noise problem. Dec 2013 Calais V.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV

It must be normal that's why I've got holden head office and the dealer both trying to resolve it for me