Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Before you select anything else, hit shuffle. Don't skip or do anything else beforehand.

Brizer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I know the heater issues have been addressed on here. I can't stand hot air blowing on my face, puts me to sleep. When I set the temp to say 22 degs on my VF SV6 it wants to automatically send the air to my face. I close the vents off. I have noticed that the causes the whole centre console to become quite warm; good for keeping hot drinks in the drunk holder hot I guess, but I don't think this is an intentional feature.

I realise I could just send the air to feet and windscreen. But this turns off the 'auto feature' and temp doesn't seem to regulate automatically. Am I missing something???

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
I know the heater issues have been addressed on here. I can't stand hot air blowing on my face, puts me to sleep. When I set the temp to say 22 degs on my VF SV6 it wants to automatically send the air to my face. I close the vents off. I have noticed that the causes the whole centre console to become quite warm; good for keeping hot drinks in the drunk holder hot I guess, but I don't think this is an intentional feature.

I realise I could just send the air to feet and windscreen. But this turns off the 'auto feature' and temp doesn't seem to regulate automatically. Am I missing something???

Why don't you direct the vents to the windows?

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Is the paint on the VFs really thin or am I just imaging it?

I have noticed a few more tiny stone chips during my wash on sunday... seems to be chipping very easily... probably worse because its a dark colour.

Dont remember my Xtrail chipping so easily.

cheers

bretto86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
TinSnips on here measured his VF paint with a paint depth gauge & from memory it was actually quite generous.
Doesn't mean it won't chip though... Not sure if Holden have gone water-based like other manufacturers???

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Is the paint on the VFs really thin or am I just imaging it?

I have noticed a few more tiny stone chips during my wash on sunday... seems to be chipping very easily... probably worse because its a dark colour.

Dont remember my Xtrail chipping so easily.

cheers

My long time detailer (professional) when doing my car said that Holden seem to be using more clear coat than Ford these days. Gives better depth.

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
TinSnips on here measured his VF paint with a paint depth gauge & from memory it was actually quite generous.
Doesn't mean it won't chip though... Not sure if Holden have gone water-based like other manufacturers???
I had TinSnips out at my place recently quoting on a paint restoration on my '09 VE. (He is a great guy who REALLY knows his stuff btw, I would recommend Driven Colour to anyone)
He measured the thickness of my clear coat and said it was very generous. I may have misinterpreted what he said but I got the impression it changes from car to car, and mine had been well painted. I think the paint on cars, just like all other parts are subject to how much the person in the factory cares, on that given day.
I hope it's not the case Ozzymac, especially having bought a Calais, but maybe you got a bit of a Friday car? But, what quality of roads do you drive on and how close to the cars in front of you do you drive?

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
I drive on rural roads mainly, dont tend to stay behind people for too long :yahoo: ( one of the reasons the V8 is so good) but the chips I found yesterday were on the drivers side gaurd and one on the boot door....
So not sure where they came from.

I think being the green colour its too easy to spot them...

cheers

easyrider475

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute & VF SSV ute
Wiper Motor Recall

I just booked in my 3 month / 3000km service and I was hoping the 2 recalls for the wiper motor and seatbelt would be fixed then. I was told the seatbelt fix is not a problem, however I was quite surprised when the service guy told me there would be a 6 to 8 week wait on the wiper motor. I know there are a lot of VF's running around, but really, a 2 month wait?
Has anybody else had the same experience?

Thanks