Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

6LVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Same with my wiper motor.
Apparently if it stops working,they have spares to fix.but replacements will be done on an "as required" basis until parts are more readily available.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I got my car back from the dealer yesterday. Had the 2 recalls fixed and I've had drivers wind noise from new. After a previous attempt and working with holden head office the car is now better then factory! I also have had issues with rattles since day one and they are also now all fixed. Car has 7000km on it. Holden have said due to everything I've been through my first service will be free. Good outcome and my vf is now perfect like it should have been from the factory.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
^^Great news! I'm sure everyone is keen to know what they did to fix the wind noise..

s3.jpg

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
They could have told the driver to reduce consumption of baked beans...

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
I got my car back from the dealer yesterday. Had the 2 recalls fixed and I've had drivers wind noise from new. After a previous attempt and working with holden head office the car is now better then factory! I also have had issues with rattles since day one and they are also now all fixed. Car has 7000km on it. Holden have said due to everything I've been through my first service will be free. Good outcome and my vf is now perfect like it should have been from the factory.

What were the rattle issues they fixed?

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
What were the rattle issues they fixed?

Originally was the left hand door trim then right hand started rattling then seat belt was rattling on passenger side which they put foam behind in the pillar

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Heard on the radio this morning there will be another recall for a faulty weld on a seat mounting bracket. Poor old holden workers, especially those that have been there most of their working lives and will struggle to find work elsewhere, must be feeling pretty ****. Wouldve been nice to go out on a high note. It is a great looking car that one day I might be lucky enough to own but the media love a bad news day.

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
Originally was the left hand door trim then right hand started rattling then seat belt was rattling on passenger side which they put foam behind in the pillar

Thanks, I have the seat belt rattle as well, will ask for a fix next service

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Same with my wiper motor.
Apparently if it stops working,they have spares to fix.but replacements will be done on an "as required" basis until parts are more readily available.

Holden need to find stock of something like 25,000 wiper motors - not a quick and easy task. You get the occasional failure but because the expected failure rate is so low there shouldn't be a problem repairing as required.