Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Unfortunately, I think that the chance of a map update diminishes proportionally to the chance of GM pulling the Holden brand in Australia.

Having not owned a satnav car other than this one, and my company car last time.. Do other manufacturers offer updates for out of production models?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Having not owned a satnav car other than this one, and my company car last time.. Do other manufacturers offer updates for out of production models?
Some do, but a better approach is when they allow the system to be updated using the maps DIRECLY from the 3rd-party provider from whom they got the maps in the first place.
Lexus, for example, don't wrap their maps in an impenetrable cloud of security to force you to pay Lexus for Garmin maps. Instead, they just let you pay Garmin directly, so you can get maps for your 15yo Lexus no wuckas.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Some do, but a better approach is when they allow the system to be updated using the maps DIRECLY from the 3rd-party provider from whom they got the maps in the first place.
Lexus, for example, don't wrap their maps in an impenetrable cloud of security to force you to pay Lexus for Garmin maps. Instead, they just let you pay Garmin directly, so you can get maps for your 15yo Lexus no wuckas.

Just one reason why Lexus regularly dominate customer service awards.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Wow Holden are really short changing people then, by not offering anything...

Luckily Melbourne is fairly easy to navigate around, so I don't tend to use it much in the city, and intercity its good enough
I'm impressed its still gt live (if sometime inaccurate) traffic updates. My Merc conked out after 3 years (from new!) unless I kept paying them

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just one reason why Lexus regularly dominate customer service awards.
They weren't the only ones, there were a few manufacturers I noticed when I went looking for updates for my Nuvi ... Lexus was just the one which stuck in my mind because, as you say, they absolutely rock at customer service (which is why once someone starts buying Lexus they never change - the decision to initially buy one involves no passion for cars, and the service can't be beaten).

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Is the system used in the VF also available in other Holden or GM models?

The same software was used in the cruze but now they all use a different setup so if they dont provide an update for the previous generation of software(vf mylink) we are s.o.l.

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
Another thank you from me to all the people that put some input into this thread. i purchased my brand new ss in March 18. First new car I have ever purchased. I will be 59 in a few months. I just checked and I have the older version of the Maps. I have had my car serviced twice and nobody mentioned that I could get a map update. They obviously did not check. I have traffic or speed cameras set on my menu in NAV but never seem to get any warnings about them.

Is there an audible warning when you approach a fixed red light/ speed camera ?

thanks

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Semi-bumping thread because interested in answer to that last question!
As a Series I owner, I can’t get the speed-camera warnings without messing with the gubbins of the unit; but am interested in whether the Series II warnings beep at you or not.