Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Woops!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Not quite in that league but somone at a garage took my vh for a spin. $2,200 for me to fix the auto plus though I didn't realise until later broken piston rings.

My car goes in on Monday to fix a petrol leak on the left fuel rail. Obviously a different place. They have assured me that the car will be driven into the workshop and will stay there until the work is complete.

Whenever I get the chance I advise people not to take their cars to the first place.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Not quite in that league but somone at a garage took my vh for a spin. $2,200 for me to fix the auto plus though I didn't realise until later broken piston rings.

My car goes in on Monday to fix a petrol leak on the left fuel rail. Obviously a different place. They have assured me that the car will be driven into the workshop and will stay there until the work is complete.

Whenever I get the chance I advise people not to take their cars to the first place.

Maybe take a note of the mileage...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Kind of reminds me of an incident in S.A a little while back, when a bloke took a customers car for a test drive and ended up killing an innocient person in his front yard.

Haven't heard what has happened over that one since the initial accident.

The mechanic involved in this want to hope the owner doesn't find his address out

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
InsidiousCreamyIriomotecat-max-1mb.gif

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Maybe take a note of the mileage...
I always make a point of parking within clear sight of reception/office then taking a dashboard picture with my phone before turning the engine off. Possibly guilty of giving the LS3 a right foot stab for a little crackle and pop while doing so.

I would be spewing I was that owner, telling the mechanic his public liability insurance will have to cover the full replacement cost.