Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crash on Magill rd (adelaide heads)

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
im saying if people are going to drive stupid on the roads regardless, and they are too busy with cameras trying to get revenue in sa rather than having police on our roads, your from geelong but have you actually vistited adelaide and seen the amount of cameras on the road compared to police. adelaide is full of asswipe drivers. a track wont instantly make people go .... hey a track... lets all drive like grandmas. but it does allow people to get there frustration out in a legal safe environment.

statesmanWH

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Clearly the government knows that a track will not do anything.

They know it will not win votes. Given the election is coming I am sure they will do polling to see what will win votes.

Bikie laws +
More fines and difficulty for young people +
Drag strip -

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
We all know that this would never happen - but ultimately, I would like to see the government(s):

1) Educate drivers (both young and old) about the dangers, effects and causes of things like:
- inattention (first and foremost!)
- speed inappropriate for conditions
- being unfamiliar with the road rules
- "knowing" you're a good driver
- traffic flow & management....
- car control

2) Offer and encourage a safe (relatively) alternative for things like drag racing, drifting, circuit racing etc.

There is a massive market for performance car products and services. If there were more initiatives like Calder Park's "street series" (which has since been canned along with any LOSD events at calder until 'further notice' for 'unknown reasons') this would be a great place for marketing by performance part manufacturers... and hence a place for money to be made.

Competitions, entry fees, advertising costs etc. could encourage participants and bring in some cashola.

3) Increase the penalties greatly for traffic offences that clearly endager the public - things like racing, drifting etc on the street should not be tolerated at all once there is an alternative to doing this on the street. We're talking jail time, or car crushing...

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK

I agree with you completely there mate, although just opening a drag strip and not addressing your other two points will not achieve anything with regards to stopping street racing.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
I agree with you completely there mate, although just opening a drag strip and not addressing your other two points will not achieve anything with regards to stopping street racing.

Completely agreed. - The right solution isn't always simple..... or cheap :p

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
(which has since been canned along with any LOSD events at calder until 'further notice' for 'unknown reasons')

Off topic...massive OHS breaches is hardly unknown reasons. Runing events without first aid etc is just plain lunacy.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
Off topic...massive OHS breaches is hardly unknown reasons. Runing events without first aid etc is just plain lunacy.

there's 40,000 different rumors floating around as to why they've canned it :p - that is one of them. (I've heard every rumor from stuff to do with Bob Jane's ex-wife, right through to buyout propositions lol)

I've just gone by their official statement on the situation... which is fantastically avoided: A+ for their PR guy.

(http://calderpark.com.au/media_releases/Letter to Competitors and Fans.pdf)

The reason for our decision is simple! Like any other business we need to reassess our priorities in the
current environment. Our intention is to review the current business plan to ensure long term sustainability
and to develop a 12 month calendar of events that meets your needs

I'm sure though, that if the reason was in fact OHS, they're not going to admit it. :p

in either case - I really hope they open their doors again ASAP.

VC_HDT

Reaction score
trying to stitch the wife to get a better car
Members Ride
VC HDT, VN Berlina & WIFES VR Stato
Clearly the government knows that a track will not do anything.

i disagree with that i dont think they have any idea whats goin on, we had a minister go on public radio and say since AIR has been closed the road toll has gone down, funny that as im always hearing its on the rise.

the reason for the rise?..... street racing will get the blame most of the time, with easter around the corner if the road toll goes up again id like to see how we reduce the toll then, ban easter?

we have had different people offering to build and maintain a track but the government will not approve it.

im not saying a track will stop street racing totally, but surely it will take some of the racers off the street, cyclists have all these bike lanes built for them but a few months ago i remember hearing a cyclist was killed coz he rode on the road not the bike lane, so maybe we shouldnt have bike lanes or skate parks either?

drink drivers are another 1, we allow people to drive after drinking, but how many people are caught over the limit, dont hear of the government cracking down and stopping all cars leaving hotel car parks, but always hear of crackdowns on cruise meeting points, as soon as you are blocked in the car park you are all labelled hoons etc and defects given out, but to enforce that sort of behaviour at a hotel would be accusing everyone of being a drunk driver.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
drink drivers are another 1, we allow people to drive after drinking, but how many people are caught over the limit, dont hear of the government cracking down and stopping all cars leaving hotel car parks, but always hear of crackdowns on cruise meeting points, as soon as you are blocked in the car park you are all labelled hoons etc and defects given out, but to enforce that sort of behaviour at a hotel would be accusing everyone of being a drunk driver.

You can't be serious? Not cracking down? Last saturday evening there was a huge crackdown on drink driving, breath testing stations everywhere. Police have really hardened up on that in the last few years.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
so who won the race the subi or the skyline