Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crash on Magill rd (adelaide heads)

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i was a p plater only a few years ago, i had a nice car, i still see myself in the young male bracket (under 25) and i used to get looked at and still do by police because im young, male in a V8. ive never had a traffic fine ever. there is no way in hell i would consider doing what these guys did. plain stupidity. i was just stating that if you have never experienced a safe controlled environment, i belive it would be harder to judge a dangerous environment. you shouldnt have a licence if you think 150 down a surburban street in any circumstance can be safe, but i believe a lot of young drivers cant see the harm in a little bit of speed to "show off" at the lights which is clearly the wrong. thats why i belive a track would make a world of difference, if they could see how safe it can be, maybe they will see how dangerous the streets are and it will deter them. its just an idea because everything else is NOT WORKING! hoon laws, impounding, more speed camera, millions spend on tv advertising, banners on highways, whats it done? increased road toll. maybe its time for government to think outside the square for once.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Unless they crash at the track, they will never realise how dangerous it is.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
crash or not, at least on a track there are no stobie poles, traffic, pedestrians plus theres ambos and fire brigades there and then. so id rather see someone crash there than on our streets.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You are missing the point.

If they drive like a ****wit on a track, they will drive like a ****wit on the roads. It is not the road laws killing people, it is not the lack of track killing people. It is the bunch of dead headed ****ing idiots that think its ok to drive like a cockhead on the road. The mentality of this WILL NEVER CHANGE. Idiots are idiots and will keep doing idiotic things. Until we come up with an idiocy test nothing will change.

If all you SA people think a track will be so good, why has no one built it? I hear people always saying there wont be a shortage of users etc, if people could make good money from it, SA would have a track, fact is only a small handful of people of the entire population want a track to use, so it would be financial suicide to fund a doomed project.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
agree'd ^^^^

Same thing happened over here, as we have alot more import cars than OZ per population, crashes galore, compalints we need track we need track, Track got time to be used by the public and 6 months later they took it away cos no one used it, still getting crashes of massive extent till the cops started taking their cars off them, i.e anything illegal with you BOY RACER car (doesn't apply to other people) and your car gets towed and stored for 28 days at your expense.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
There are people that are trying to build one, from what ive heard they have applied at a local council, got approval, asked state government for funding, been rejected. obviously road safety is not a priority, building under passes to shift traffic conjestion from one intersection to 100m down the road is. spending $1m on lance armstrong to ride a pushbike on our roads for a few days is more important than young lives being lost everyday.the least they could do is spend SOME money on our roads because there appaling. Thats something everyone uses everyday but the local government dosent care about how unsafe even our public streets are with lack of maintenance.

if a track isnt the answer, what is? every harsh new penalty is not working here. maybe its lack of respect for the law because there so harsh? i dunno, something needs to be done, i dont really care how harsh the laws are - i do nothing wrong therfore it wont affect me. unless they bring power restrictions to people under 25 in which case i will be very annoyed scene i have not had a car accident, dont have a driving record, and i will be penalised for a couple of f**king morons. I already pay a premuim price for my insurance because going by my age im a risk and a bad driver. why should i be penalised again, anyways off topic.

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
less arguing and more giving me birthday presents.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Hey guys dvsv8 you have a valid point.
I am jumping on my greens next week but in the year i have been driving i will not lie and say we have experience we have **** all. Parents bought me a bmw advanced track day voucher for my 18th last year and wow it made such a difference to how i think on the road. Hitting speeds of 200 in a bmw on eastern creek raceway really is fun but going around the track it just shows how dangerous it really is even though you have run off space and all the electric safety features.

Once you come off the track you realise all the stupid **** people do on public roads isnt worth it knowing what the consequences can be and how much danger you put yourself and others in when it is done on puclic roads.
Point i am making here is that a track day doesnt have to be a course or anything just laps around a track actually do change peoples perspectives, once they are back on the roads you realise how much of a weapon a motor vehicle actually is.

Hopefully you guys understand where i am coming from just throwing my point there into the open.

Cheers

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hey guys dvsv8 you have a valid point.
I am jumping on my greens next week but in the year i have been driving i will not lie and say we have experience we have **** all. Parents bought me a bmw advanced track day voucher for my 18th last year and wow it made such a difference to how i think on the road. Hitting speeds of 200 in a bmw on eastern creek raceway really is fun but going around the track it just shows how dangerous it really is even though you have run off space and all the electric safety features.

Once you come off the track you realise all the stupid **** people do on public roads isnt worth it knowing what the consequences can be and how much danger you put yourself and others in when it is done on puclic roads.
Point i am making here is that a track day doesnt have to be a course or anything just laps around a track actually do change peoples perspectives, once they are back on the roads you realise how much of a weapon a motor vehicle actually is.

Hopefully you guys understand where i am coming from just throwing my point there into the open.

Cheers

There is a difference between a controlled driver education day and a bunch of dead head boy racers going crazy on a track.

GREGWATKINS75

05 VZS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ S ALLOYTEC 190
The pictures in todays paper should really be put on the back of rego lables! Every cars got one and it might make some poeple think twice. Others who dont think should just have thier cars taken away forever.
As to Adelaide having a track, wont ever happen, they are trying to ban fishing almost every where, they have pretty much banned dirt bike ridding every where, the list goes on....... problem is the General age of the population is to old.....and they wonder why the state cant attract young skilled workers!!