Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crash on Magill rd (adelaide heads)

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Sure I'd like a track in adelaide, but those who thing it will make our roads any safer are kidding themselves. If anything it will make them worse with people trying to emulate what they do on the track to show off. Driving on a track is not good driver education for public roads. There is a difference between being a good track driver and being a good road driver. People who disregard road rules and put others at risk are not good road drivers. Period.

I think most people in here are just using this tragedy as an excuse to voice their desire for a track. Truth is, until someone finds a way to stem the natural desire that people have to be better than the rest, street racing is never going to stop.

statesmanWH

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
According to the government they would do anything it takes to save just one life, clearly not. They care about votes, the general public would prefer harsher panalties that generate tax than spending money on a drag strip.

If people in Adelaide had a drag strip, more people would have a dedicated track/drag car that would only be used at the drags rather than building up their everyday car. Every other state has some government envolvement in drag racing.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Clearly the government knows that a track will not do anything.

Can I ask what drag strip Vic government is involved in? Or are you just throwing around wild accusations?

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
AS Said above, mallalla, air, port gawler, mannum motorx track, etc. anything to do with motorsport is closed down or closing down do tue insurance then wonder why people act like ****sticks on the road

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
AS Said above, mallalla, air, port gawler, mannum motorx track, etc. anything to do with motorsport is closed down or closing down do tue insurance then wonder why people act like ****sticks on the road

Oh please what a load of ****.

How about people learn self control, maybe then they will have an argument.

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
hey chill a little. i agree with or without a track people are going to drive like morons and a track wont stop it. my point is with police always saying that kind of driving belongs on a track and not our roads, what track is it they are referring to ?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
hey chill a little. i agree with or without a track people are going to drive like morons and a track wont stop it. my point is with police always saying that kind of driving belongs on a track and not our roads, what track is it they are referring to ?

They are not referring to a specific track.

They are saying that type of driving should be performed on a track. It should not be done on a public road. Just because there is no track around does not make it right to do it on public roads.

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
and im not ****ing saying that it is am i

jesus go have a coke and a smile.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
my point is with police always saying that kind of driving belongs on a track and not our roads, what track is it they are referring to ?

and im not ****ing saying that it is am i

jesus go have a coke and a smile.

What exactly are you saying then? It seems even you do not know?

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
some people have better self control than others, if there is no outlet to go to, people are going to act stupid.

you are not going to stop idiots on the road, but i do belive it will greatly reduce them if there was somewhere to go.

takes self control not to take drugs and yet the government spend heaps on needle bins, and shooting up galleries if i remember correctly.