Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I wanna de-stroke a 3.8

Dr Goggles

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Salt lakester
beaut

Ta Mort,
I figured one of you would know straight up........

Thanks again

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
i read this a few weeks ago now, and noticed that you found some different series cranks to play with, and this is probably a stupid question, but will offset grinding the crank help in the "destroke" efforts?? coz im considering doing the opposite in my current build of an ecotec.

Dr Goggles

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Salt lakester
big jump

i read this a few weeks ago now, and noticed that you found some different series cranks to play with, and this is probably a stupid question, but will offset grinding the crank help in the "destroke" efforts?? coz im considering doing the opposite in my current build of an ecotec.

for the difference we were after( we had to get it under 3.01 litres to go down a class ) the throw is a fair bit different...... someone here would know the limits of offset grinding but not me.,If you look at the two cranks side by side you can see the difference in throw

P8070139.jpg

Another question for the gallery, we can only use a two piece rear main seal on the manual crank because of the flywheel flange yeah?.......the colonel reckons the one piece won't fit over the flange.....

Dr Goggles

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Salt lakester
New cam............

Got the new cam this week, seen here sitting next to a stocker...a mate said "that's not a cam, that's an on/off switch".......just enough room on those lobes to get them past the cam bearings.......

P9260179.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i'll be keen to hear how this idles :D looks like a monstor

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
for the difference we were after( we had to get it under 3.01 litres to go down a class ) the throw is a fair bit different...... someone here would know the limits of offset grinding but not me.,If you look at the two cranks side by side you can see the difference in throw

P8070139.jpg

Another question for the gallery, we can only use a two piece rear main seal on the manual crank because of the flywheel flange yeah?.......the colonel reckons the one piece won't fit over the flange.....

i must of missread some where but after all this youll drop down a class is that right

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
and on offset grinding you can change the stroke a fair bit there is a company in america that dose alot of buick work found them on the net and they can weld a stock crank then grind it the welding is done by submegred arc the strongest knowen to men but im sure there are guys here with the big crank welders

edit a crank welder has to spin the crank while welding like a cranck grinder so very big machine