Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 series 2 SV6 3.6 SIDI

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
Hey Benboy, if Holden dealer uses 10w50, then there is no way in hell they can knock me back for any engine repairs if I use the same as them???? I would rp em a new a**hole if they tried that stunt. i will actually get them to give me this in writing as well, when i am next down there.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Woollie, can you tell me how much oil you went through in 3000ks, did you go down to halfway marker on the dipstick in 3000ks? or more/less.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey something wrong, which Holden dealer do you go to, i would like to call them to find out if this is the known fix.
Also how much oil did you go through in 3000ks, was it the same as mine or more/less. Apparently there is an acceptable range that Holden have.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
simple, go to holden and ask for the revised engine cover gasket. It will be free and it fixed my car

Hey SV6 guy, which Holden dealer did you go to for them to agree to a rocker cover change? I know what you mean, possible PCV issue, but you can not change the PCV as it is part of the rocker cover

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
simple, go to holden and ask for the revised engine cover gasket. It will be free and it fixed my car

Hey SV6 guy, I called GMH head office in Melb and they have no service bulletin upgrade to rocker cover/PCV/piping etc...
I would really like to know the holden dealer you went to. I want an upgraded rocker cover etc as well.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Hey SV6 guy, I called GMH head office in Melb and they have no service bulletin upgrade to rocker cover/PCV/piping etc...
I would really like to know the holden dealer you went to. I want an upgraded rocker cover etc as well.

Dude don't forget to ask them about the "Svetsa Valve" too.

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
Hey SV6 guy. How much oil did you go through on yours? From what I can gather on mine, topped up to full mark when I bought the car, before I drove off, then 3000ks later its was down to the half way marker on the dipstick, Holden dealer then advised me they put in 450mls to bring back up to full mark? Was yours more than this?

exactly the same as this i serviced it within 3000kms it was at halfway, i figured it was strange but forgot about it. when i took it to the dealer they told me it was almost running dry

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
never heard of a Svetsa Valve and Google shows nothing. What is it?

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok another update:
I spoke to Watson Holden down in VIC, spoke to an excellent guy Tom, he explained to me that Holdens acceptable oil usage for a series 2 SV6 3.6 SIDI is 2.5ltrs /10000ks. At my current usage rate I am within spec, hahahahaha so apparently I am all good as I would be using @1.5ltrs of oil per 10000k's, hahahahaha, you gotta be joking, out of a newish 23000k's engine??? FFS come on fellas. Also he said there was a change in rocker cover design which addresses the PCV, not sure of the cutover date this was changed, and so if you needed a new rocker cover, then you would be getting the revised version. So we will see. Anyways, now we all know what Holdens acceptable oil consuption is, 2.5ltrs oil/10000k's.
I will keep updating as I investigate further.

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
never heard of a Svetsa Valve and Google shows nothing. What is it?

Svesta valve is a reference to the movie fetch

Ok another update:
I spoke to Watson Holden down in VIC, spoke to an excellent guy Tom, he explained to me that Holdens acceptable oil usage for a series 2 SV6 3.6 SIDI is 2.5ltrs /10000ks. At my current usage rate I am within spec, hahahahaha so apparently I am all good as I would be using @1.5ltrs of oil per 10000k's, hahahahaha, you gotta be joking, out of a newish 23000k's engine??? FFS come on fellas. Also he said there was a change in rocker cover design which addresses the PCV, not sure of the cutover date this was changed, and so if you needed a new rocker cover, then you would be getting the revised version. So we will see. Anyways, now we all know what Holdens acceptable oil consuption is, 2.5ltrs oil/10000k's.
I will keep updating as I investigate further.

glad they were able to help but i do believe the SIDI engines use more oil than the conventional alloytecs