Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
It can theoretically increase safety but from what I understand they are just plonked into a boat and sent on their way, and many are either lost at sea anyway, or they wash up on a remote bit of coastline miles from help and die.

From what I understand they are towed to just outside Indonesia's territorial waters and sent on their way with an hour or so's boat ride to land. How much safer can you make it get without invading their waters?

Navy doesn't deserve criticism, they are following orders in what is a military exercise. You would think they find their way back to safety but evidently this sometimes doesn't happen. Strong currents, equipment failure are possibilities.
True the crew does have some responsibility for their passengers but Aust govt isn't 100% innocent, they put people in what may be a hazardous situation, when they could have been brought into detention and resettled as appropriate.

Lolwut??? The Australian government have made it loud and clear they will not accept any of these boat arrivals. These people still try it on and are intercepted, transferred from a unsafe vessel to a safe one and are then returned to whence they came. The government have been loud and clear - boats will be returned. Why the left is surprised when this happens is just amazing. Surely they aren't that stupid??

Who knows maybe I am caring way too much about people that cannot ever do anything for me?

Maybe you don't care enough???

Last edited:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Everything that doesn't look good for them

Well you seem to have a great incite that none of the rest of us have so please feel free to share.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Everything that doesn't look good for them

Wasn't his claim that there have not been any arrivals in 100 days? Given there have been no arrivals in 100 days, you are going to have to expand on what he is holding back?

Your foil hat have some insider information? Please, share.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Send the boat people back to whence they came! There trying to escape a messed up country, Hmm I wonder why it's such a hole? Maybe their culture and ethics are to blame, yes their government doesn't help but that's not our problem this country can't help anyone else until we sort OUR country out first!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Send the boat people back to whence they came! There trying to escape a messed up country, Hmm I wonder why it's such a hole? Maybe their culture and ethics are to blame, yes their government doesn't help but that's not our problem this country can't help anyone else until we sort OUR country out first!

As someone said earlier.... lolwut?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
After thinking about things...have had enough of left wing politics for a while. Will inquire as to Nationals membership this afternoon.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
After thinking about things...have had enough of left wing politics for a while. Will inquire as to Nationals membership this afternoon.

Hahahahahaha