Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I am so over Mylink it is not funny.
Playing music from a regular USB stick should not be this hard.
I have put some of my songs in folders based on albums or genres. There are 5.
Mylink thinks there are 16 and when you go into folders, it just lists individual song titles - it doesn't show the folders at all.
Let alone that it plays some different random song each time you start the car - it never continues with what was playing when you turned the car off.

How has GM got it so wrong?

up_and_under

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SSV MY14
My missus is thinking about a new commodore sedan b4 the end of June but she's never driven one, so we went for a test run in a vf sv6 auto. I was in the front passenger seat.
When I looked down at the floor I saw that the seat covering was bulging out at the front. Put my hand down there and could feel that the whole front edge of the seat covering had come away from the seat base. I wasn't very impressed with that. Think I read something about this earlier. Is it easy to fix if it happens on a car that we buy?

I've got the same problem, on the side of both front seats it seems that the cover comes off. When I took it for the first service showed the service supervisor who didn't believe me at first. The car needs to go in for a whole day as they have to remove both of the seats to establish the issue and be able to order parts to fix.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Same issue with me also with 2 clips on the drivers seat. Full seat removal needed. One clip stayed put the other unclipped again after a short while. Maybe some of us need to lose a few lbs......

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Service fix released for the seat cover coming off the front seats. Take them back to dealers :)

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Agreed playing music using a USB with the mylink is clunky but playing music using an Android, Blackberry, Windows and Most iPhones provided they have their IOS updated work fine. Why use a USB. Most modern phones either come with or can use 32GB of memory which is plenty of space for many albums and hundreds of songs.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I used to run an iPod, and that indexed for 10 minutes every time you started the car. I couldn't skip or select tracks at all.
I was told by Holden that I would have no issues with a USB because its a non-intelligent device.
Clearly they were wrong.

up_and_under

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SSV MY14
Just yesterday, got a message displayed on the MYLINK screen stating "navigation initialising". I am not sure why as I didn't press anything other than the volume for the radio. After tuning the MYLINK off and then on again, the message was displayed a second time. After a minute or two the message disappeared and the navigator appeared as normal.
Has anyone experienced this before?

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Just yesterday, got a message displayed on the MYLINK screen stating "navigation initialising". I am not sure why as I didn't press anything other than the volume for the radio. After tuning the MYLINK off and then on again, the message was displayed a second time. After a minute or two the message disappeared and the navigator appeared as normal.
Has anyone experienced this before?

I think you will find that the GPS signal was lost for a short time. I have seen it on the odd occasion when parked in the garage etc.

up_and_under

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SSV MY14
I think you will find that the GPS signal was lost for a short time. I have seen it on the odd occasion when parked in the garage etc.

Happened again today, on both occasions I wasn't in the garage but on the street

MR4ENSIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV SEDAN
^^^ mine did the same yesterday while I was at the park... Had to accept terms and conditions again aswell... I'm not too worried though if this is all that's wrong... I'll just wait till my 15k service and get it updated... No big deal and I get my reverse lines hopefully :)