Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Has anyone had their driver's seat movement/clicking of the bottom part (where your ass touches) fixed? It moves/feels like it clicks every corner i take or bump i go over. They said to me that it is normal. I said there's no way that that is normal. I am going to call Holden direct tomorrow and seek a solution. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems like this and it's been fixed

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Has anyone had their driver's seat movement/clicking of the bottom part (where your ass touches) fixed? It moves/feels like it clicks every corner i take or bump i go over. They said to me that it is normal. I said there's no way that that is normal. I am going to call Holden direct tomorrow and seek a solution. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems like this and it's been fixed

yes mine does this and it's annoying. the passenger front seat doesn't do it. I have a Calais V with the power seats.

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
yes mine does this and it's annoying. the passenger front seat doesn't do it. I have a Calais V with the power seats.

have you complained or taken it in? ye mine is only the drivers seat on the SSv. It makes it the worse drive possible

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon

My seat had this problem. I took the car in and the techs replaced the cushion which still didn't fix it. The head technician was on leave so they said bring it in at a later time when he was back. I dropped it off just before Xmas and they rang about two hours later and the seat is fixed. It had broken "clips" underneath. What these parts actually were I'm not sure as I didn't see them. Anyway the seat is fixed, don't let them tell you it's normal.

I could lift the side bolstering (r/h of seat base cushion) out when it was faulty. Can't anymore it's all tight again.

Know what you mean it's extremely annoying. After it was fixed I kept waiting for the seat to move as I had got used to it and it felt strange now it's fixed again!

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Mine moved but they fitted some clip to it and now it is how it should have been, solid!

DjBrenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf CalaisV 3.6 & 2017 SSVR Auto
Have had the seat issue on driver and passenger seats , dealer has fixed the clips twice so far.
Second repair lasted then than 2 weeks and it will be going back a third time when I have a moment of free time to book it in (aug 13 build).

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
I had a slight movement in the seat when cornering. Their was a fix out from Holden for it, had a part number and all. I mentioned it to my dealer and they ordered the part and fixed it the following week when the part was in. Never have had a problem since and that would be a good eight or more months ago now. I think I first read about it somewhere on this forum from memory. Might be worth a search.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
My brother in law has a Oct 2013 build Calais V sportswagon and had the seat clips replaced twice on the passenger seat and once on the drivers seat. My July 2013 build Calais V sportswagon has not experienced this problem touch wood. It seems to be relatively common problem. Does anyone know why the clips break or come loose.