Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
someone posted earlier about price difference's in the country. I just did a quick build & price for VFII Redline sedan with the following options which can be fitted for you at the factory instead of the dealer

Automatic
(Prestige Paint)
2100kg tow pack
Front Grille Surrounds Black
Track stripes
V8 Engine Cover
DRL Surrounds Black
Fender vent surrounds
HF-20 Alloy Wheels - Black

drive away prices as follows

SA – $65,907
VIC – $65,492
NSW – $66,117
QLD – $66,037
NT – $65,621
WA – $67,112
TAS – $65,856
ACT – $66,711

In Adelaide I've found a black manual redline for $58990 drive away no extras, i'm going to wait until 2017 though

2015 Holden Commodore for sale in Gawler - Steinborner Holden

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Thanks for the info noboot. Interesting is the similarity of packages yet difference in output claims. The W375 package on this VFII https://www.facebook.com/Gentech-Performance-535928176526969/?fref=nf is showing a RWKW of 269. That's no where near to 400kw flywheel claim of Tekno and possibly even slightly short of a 375kw goal for the Walkinshaw pack. I get that all dyno are different but is hard to choose a particular pack based on HP claims.

The packages aren't "similar". Walkinshaw dump a flash tune on it and don't dyno tune it -they have to do this because the dealers are a franchise and the driveline warranty doesn't apply if Walkinshaw's tune isn't used.

Conversely Tekno dyno tune every car that comes in and because they're the ones backing up their drivetrain warranty, they can be as aggressive as they want. For comparison sake I got just shy of 270rwkw on my VF1 with VCM OTR/1 7/8 headers and twin 3" when tuned at Tekno. Allowing for drivetrain loss that's pretty bang on for the 350kw they advertise their flywheel kw pack as.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
no point trying to educate people on here the dealership told them that wankinshaw is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and all other tuners are backyarders that would know one end of a car from a bus.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Thanks for the info Smashfist. Hadn't realised that the Walkinshaw pack was just a generic flash as opposed to a car specific dyno. Is interesting. Will discuss this with the Walkinshaw agent.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
no point trying to educate people on here the dealership told them that wankinshaw is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and all other tuners are backyarders that would know one end of a car from a bus.

The Walkinshaw pack isn't "bad" unless you have an auto (their auto tunes are truly terrible after driving half a dozen), and the pack sounds very good, but there are other packs that will give you more power with a more appropriate tune for less $$.

I've had a few cars tuned over the years and was very impressed with Tekno's service - they spent a significant amount of time (70 or 80kms on the odometer) tuning and road testing and I couldn't be happier with the results on what is a stock (and at that stage barely run in) engine. My ute will definitely be going back to them for the tune when I fit a new cam. While that's a bit of an anecdotal example, I've sent heaps of my customers down to Tekno either for fresh tunes or for fixing other people's dodgy tunes and I've never heard a bad word about them.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
The Walkinshaw pack isn't "bad" unless you have an auto (their auto tunes are truly terrible after driving half a dozen), and the pack sounds very good, but there are other packs that will give you more power with a more appropriate tune for less $$.

I've had a few cars tuned over the years and was very impressed with Tekno's service - they spent a significant amount of time (70 or 80kms on the odometer) tuning and road testing and I couldn't be happier with the results on what is a stock (and at that stage barely run in) engine. My ute will definitely be going back to them for the tune when I fit a new cam. While that's a bit of an anecdotal example, I've sent heaps of my customers down to Tekno either for fresh tunes or for fixing other people's dodgy tunes and I've never heard a bad word about them.

i haven't used Tekno but have been using another Sydney based tuner since 2003 and haven't had an issue, they also spend a great deal of there time repairing not only tunes but destroyed engines that other tuners have had a hand in. Walkinshaw has great marketing and have gone the franchise route which a lot of people seem to like.

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
Damn but that's the truth! I get the whole 6.2 'gotta have more' boy racer thing that's going on but for me personally the quieter, Q-Ship style experience of the series I VF Redline is perfect, especially for a car that is basically going to spend most of its life in Sydney traffic.

I honestly wouldn't be so set on upgrading if the interior trim was all black like the series 1 SSV or the series 2 Redline without the stupid cream colour. But I also want the 6.2 if I'm totally being honest.

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
The packages aren't "similar".

You're right but what I was talking about was what you got like exhaust, CAI or OTR and tune. This is what I meant as similar but they all quote different power output.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
You're right but what I was talking about was what you got like exhaust, CAI or OTR and tune. This is what I meant as similar but they all quote different power output.

There are way to many variables to consider that will bring about differences so for me I went by word of mouth and the feel of driving the car. For a start flywheel kw is just a guess unless it goes on an engine dyno. Even HSV and GMH use a different scale to report flywheel output. As you mentioned there are differences in dynos, the ambient air temp, how the car it tied down, the fuel, the tuner, the type of tune (aggressive vs mild), the actual bolt ons, as well as the tuners experience and skills to name only a few. So go by recommendation and the cost is my suggestion. I actually had all my bolt ons installed and dynoed by a known performance place in SA. Numbers were not too bad but after a few weeks I took it to another recommended tuner to check the tune. He completely changed the way the car drove with just a tune.

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
Damn but that's the truth! I get the whole 6.2 'gotta have more' boy racer thing that's going on but for me personally the quieter, Q-Ship style experience of the series I VF Redline is perfect, especially for a car that is basically going to spend most of its life in Sydney traffic.

I honestly wouldn't be so set on upgrading if the interior trim was all black like the series 1 SSV or the series 2 Redline without the stupid cream colour. But I also want the 6.2 if I'm totally being honest.

Its all a bit late for this now but what would have been interesting would have been a Calais V Redline with the quieter exhaust and the tone style luxo interior then go balls out the SSV Redline getting the louder exhaust and trick red cloth and black sports interior. Both cars with the FE3 and Brembos etc.

Last edited: