Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are all W375 packs the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Im sure you've answered this a million times, but did you keep the bi-model?
Mine being auto, you have to work a little harder to get the crackle n pops happening, so probably why I'm not sick of them

Yep the bi-modal was retrofitted and works, it's actually fairly quiet in comfort mode. Note, in the MSE going into comfort mode is the only way to engage the bi-modal, there's no manual switch in the system AFAIK. Also, I can't prove this, but it 'feels' even louder in performance mode. In the concrete multi-level car park at work I have to turn my car into comfort or I set off car alarms, no ****. VW golf's seem to be especially vulnerable.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I prioritise my time here by setting almost everyone to IGNORE, with 500+ whinging fools locked away in the pig pen there's plenty of quality questions and banter.

I spend my time here giving trolls and ban evaders holidays. :) Enjoy time in the pig pen Pirate.....

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Back on target, whether it be walkinshaw or otherwise, does the W375 kit (or similar) still have the crackle n pops like the stock exhaust does? watching DREMSE video, the stock crackles n pops but the Difillipo doesn't really seem to.... i know some people don't like it, but i bloody love it! and would probably stick with stock if you loose it going aftermarket exhaust.
I got the pops tuned out of mine as I hated the sound after fitting system. Stock was ok

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
just keep decel fuel cut enabled and it will pop until that kicks in and then its basicly an air pump until the throttle is touched, also decel fuel cut saves u alot of fuel

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I banned him until 31/12/2017
Well, that's your right I suppose and no doubt you have your reasons. But, personally I think it's a shame. Dissapointing actually. He's probably helped more people on here than the next 10 of us combined. Myself included. I'm sure plenty of others would agree. Some would probably disagree too. Sure, he gets a few people offside. But he's not on his own there. It's just harmless banter in my opinion.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Back on target, whether it be walkinshaw or otherwise, does the W375 kit (or similar) still have the crackle n pops like the stock exhaust does? watching DREMSE video, the stock crackles n pops but the Difillipo doesn't really seem to.... i know some people don't like it, but i bloody love it! and would probably stick with stock if you loose it going aftermarket exhaust.
can tell you it definately cracks when you back of the throttle, the video i posted at the start of this tread does not give it justice (no exhaust video ever does) but ive had a few redlines drive past near work with there bimodals open and no offence to anyone who likes the stock system but it sounds so cheap and tinny.

The difilippo noice id say best sounds closest to the 6.3 amg engines which where super deep, very hard to show that in a video especially if the sounds coming from your phone specker, the reason i think walkinshaw use difillipo is not only because its a top end stainless system but because of the deep note that also translate to no drone, and for a system being sold from a dealer that would be a pretty big deal.

if your into more pop/crackle and dont care for potential drone i think the pacemaker system would be a good fit and sound a hell of a lot better then standard

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Well, that's your right I suppose and no doubt you have your reasons. But, personally I think it's a shame. Dissapointing actually. He's probably helped more people on here than the next 10 of us combined. Myself included. I'm sure plenty of others would agree. Some would probably disagree too. Sure, he gets a few people offside. But he's not on his own there. It's just harmless banter in my opinion.
I have to agree, Cuda, I find Monstars advice he freely gives I might add, to be informative and direct. If direct is offensive we are in trouble as a society. I guess with him gone for a while walky sales might go up a little lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.