Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good car

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If i was in the market for a new bus the ZB could be as gooda a car as it likes, I can't get past the shape. The exterior design puts me off right away.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
If i was in the market for a new bus the ZB could be as gooda a car as it likes, I can't get past the shape. The exterior design puts me off right away.
The thought of all the Aussies put out of work puts me off the heap of garbage

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
...and it's called a Commodore!
I really dont care what my brilliant ZB LT Sedan 4 cyl 2 litre petrol turbo is called . Mind you the Aussie engineers retuned it for Australia and what a fab job they did. I read a post where someone raved about its acceleration . saying it was better than a v8.. Yes yes..

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
I’ll give all you zb pullers a run in my dirty old outdated v8 ve and see how they really go

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
I’ll give all you zb pullers a run in my dirty old outdated v8 ve and see how they really go
I'd hope so brother...with, am I right about 5.7 litres and 300+ la. But honestly this humble and quiet little 2 litre 4 cyl petrol turbo is scintillating with pace between 80 150km. It's jerb weight is about 1530 so you get heaps from the 191kw and 350 nm of torque. It's a dream to drive.. solid with heaps of road grip. It also is loping on the highway at 1250 revs at 112 klms... that is why I love it too. 9 speed trans. is seamless. It is so so cheap for what it is. I got for 28k ( much less if course with my trade) . It was a demo with 5000km but looked a day old.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline MY15 Series 1
Ex-demo VXRs can be had for ~40k drive-away these days. This is both great for the few interested buyers, but also scary - it tells me that really no one is buying them, no demand, and therefore there'll be little resale value at all in 3-5. I did a 24-hour test drive a little while ago and on the whole found it excellent (other than some quibbles), but decided to keep the old Redline as she's still running beautifully. At that time I thought $45K drive-away was a great deal and would never be beaten, but as I said they're now down to ~40K ...

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
have you driven the sedan 4 cyl 2 litre petrol turbo. Go and test drive but preferabky where you can feel thurs brilliant overtaking pace!! Incidentally the price continues to decline.. I don't care . it is so good and European cars drop heaps too.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No I have not but that is not the point, you seem to think that your opinion is more valid than someone else's who has driven the same car. 600km is a long drive, comfort or lack there off will be obvious to that user. I'm 6'6" and ~115kg what is comfortable to me is a lot different to what is comfortable for someone who is 5'6" and only ~65kg but does that make my opinion any more valid than yours or the other user?

Out of curiosity, have you tried that overtaking pace when the car is fully loaded?

Henry the octopus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 ss
I don't know if the ZB is good or not, I have never driven one and I will probably never drive one just the same as I will probably never drive a Mazda6
I don't really care if either of them are good. I'm sure they are both perfectly fine things to drive but neither of them are very interesting no matter how good they are. Either of them would be far better to drive than my old VT
The ZB is not an actual Commodore it is a "Commodore". It should always be referred to as a "Commodore". It should never have been called a Commodore. It needs quotation marks all the time, even on the faux chrome badge on the car itself.
It needs to be on a different forum: Just "Commodores".