Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's ZB RS-V wagon long term review

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Hopefully this is not a pressed paper cone speaker or would easily be damaged by moisture or contact with anything really.
I admit I didn't pay much attention to the construction. In any case, its not an especially impressive unit. Cant find any detail using the part number.

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
The noise cancellation comes through the normal speakers. The small grills in the roof are microphones to pick up the noise in the car then the processor cancels the sound it hears.
Ok thanks Anthony. Sound very high tech but obviously standard kit these days.

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
The boot speaker is the 8th speaker. I think its been kneecapped at the amp for sone reason. Its the same dual voice coil woofer used in every other "spare tyre sub" arrangement. For some reason, either a fault or deliberate, its not being driven by the amp.
Obviously deliberately not powered by the amp. Seems ridiculous!! Do all us RS-V owners have a case to get Holden to connect them making it an 8 speaker stereo as advertised?

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Obviously deliberately not powered by the amp. Seems ridiculous!! Do all us RS-V owners have a case to get Holden to connect them making it an 8 speaker stereo as advertised?
Even though the info here https://globalpressroom.bose.com/us-en/pressrelease/view/39
Is a few years old, I believe it is basically the system that is in use in the Commodore.
It suggests that the equipment required for the noise cancellation - a 6 channel amp with DSP- also manages the sub.
If I cam bring myself to start removing trim pieces, I'll find out soon enough.
Keeping in mind that,at one stage at least, the RSV was advertised as having a sub.

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
Even though the info here https://globalpressroom.bose.com/us-en/pressrelease/view/39
Is a few years old, I believe it is basically the system that is in use in the Commodore.
It suggests that the equipment required for the noise cancellation - a 6 channel amp with DSP- also manages the sub.
If I cam bring myself to start removing trim pieces, I'll find out soon enough.
Keeping in mind that,at one stage at least, the RSV was advertised as having a sub.
Good work Steve! I reckon it should be able to be turned on. I have asked my dealer and they are going back to Holden..Lol. Here is a link from Bose on the system thats in the VXR https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a3/ab/97/a3ab9734f2294101004276a66ded1440.jpg

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
The Opel has 7 channels of customised equalisation. I have the Calais v tourer and their is no equaliser. It is just a tone control with bass, midrange and treble. I think we are getting a much simpler system.

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
The Opel has 7 channels of customised equalisation. I have the Calais v tourer and their is no equaliser. It is just a tone control with bass, midrange and treble. I think we are getting a much simpler system.
I dont think so. The EQ they refer to in the manual and on the Opel page is the preset modes on the tone control page - Talk, Rock, Jazz, Pop, Country, Classical Custom.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
I dont think so. The EQ they refer to in the manual and on the Opel page is the preset modes on the tone control page - Talk, Rock, Jazz, Pop, Country, Classical Custom.

Yes well on my screen I don't have these .I just have talk and custom so perhaps either my software is different or else the tourer doesn't have the same amp .I will upload a photo of it tomorrow.

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Yes well on my screen I don't have these .I just have talk and custom so perhaps either my software is different or else the tourer doesn't have the same amp .I will upload a photo of it tomorrow.
Oh,ok. FWIW, the presets just move the bass, mid and treble sliders around to different settings. It doesn't do anything to improve the slightly average sound.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
One of the things I have noticed is that the voice of the occupants in the front is played out of the rear speakers to the passengers in the back.