Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's ZB RS-V wagon long term review

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
I will do the same .I am surprised that with it being a Bose System that there is minimal control over the tone and sound . I know in the Mazda 6 which also has a Bose System the amp is very comprehensive but then in the Mazda it has a seperate Bose amp.

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
I will do the same .I am surprised that with it being a Bose System that there is minimal control over the tone and sound . I know in the Mazda 6 which also has a Bose System the amp is very comprehensive but then in the Mazda it has a seperate Bose amp.
The Bose systems with sub are only in the VXR and Calais V and they do have a separate amp in the boot. The RS-V sub is not a sub (apparantly) it is for noise cancellation .. Its somehow linked to the tiny little speakers in the roof head lining under front grab handles...? That's what my dealer told me. They had the workshop manual out. They reckon the brochure /website must have a typo saying 8 speakers!

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
The Bose systems with sub are only in the VXR and Calais V and they do have a separate amp in the boot. The RS-V sub is not a sub (apparantly) it is for noise cancellation .. Its somehow linked to the tiny little speakers in the roof head lining under front grab handles...? That's what my dealer told me. They had the workshop manual out. They reckon the brochure /website must have a typo saying 8 speakers!
False advertising I reckon.

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Opened it up it contains a DVC 5.25 " woofer.
According to info here:-
http://globalpressroom.bose.com/us-en/pressrelease/view/39
It seems to operate as a sub and as a noise cancelling speaker ?? I guess I'll have a look behind the load area trim pieces for an amp next.
Hopefully someone more learned than myself can offer some input.

Attachments

• P_20190918_184255_vHDR_Auto_HP_compress16.jpg
    P_20190918_184255_vHDR_Auto_HP_compress16.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 300
  • P_20190918_183908_vHDR_Auto_compress30.jpg
    P_20190918_183908_vHDR_Auto_compress30.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 271

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
How different does it sound without that connected ?
When connected there is no sound or even vibration during playback, so it makes no difference when disconnected. I haven't had a chance to drive the car with it disconnected. I'm not expecting it to sound much different either.

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
When connected there is no sound or even vibration during playback, so it makes no difference when disconnected. I haven't had a chance to drive the car with it disconnected. I'm not expecting it to sound much different either.
Waste of time and money. Why would Opel even bother putting it in. Just makes getting the spare out harder. I wonder if you can pay for the 8 speaker upgrade?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

The noise cancellation comes through the normal speakers. The small grills in the roof are microphones to pick up the noise in the car then the processor cancels the sound it hears.

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Waste of time and money. Why would Opel even bother putting it in. Just makes getting the spare out harder. I wonder if you can pay for the 8 speaker upgrade?
The boot speaker is the 8th speaker. I think its been kneecapped at the amp for sone reason. Its the same dual voice coil woofer used in every other "spare tyre sub" arrangement. For some reason, either a fault or deliberate, its not being driven by the amp.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
The boot speaker is the 8th speaker. I think its been kneecapped at the amp for sone reason. Its the same dual voice coil woofer used in every other "spare tyre sub" arrangement. For some reason, either a fault or deliberate, its not being driven by the amp.
Hopefully this is not a pressed paper cone speaker or would easily be damaged by moisture or contact with anything really.