Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Commodore features (RS V6 AWD)

AlexWA

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Looking to see if any owners can vouch for the reliability, features and performance of a 2019 RS Commodore I am interested in buying.
1 - Does it have puddle lights?
2- Has anyone been able to retrofit VXR headlights?
3- How powerful is the V6 AWD and is it reliable?
4- Is a step-up to the RS-V worth it?

TIA

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Looking to see if any owners can vouch for the reliability, features and performance of a 2019 RS Commodore I am interested in buying.
1 - Does it have puddle lights?
2- Has anyone been able to retrofit VXR headlights?
3- How powerful is the V6 AWD and is it reliable?
4- Is a step-up to the RS-V worth it?

TIA
1 - has led lights that face down from the bottom of the mirrors that work well
2 - not going to happen, the vxr headlights are a totally different bit of kit that syncs with the eyes forward system.
3 - it will smoke the vf sv6 and give a stock vf ss a good run from stand still, awd is fun.
4 - the engine and driveline is pretty much the same but the rs-v gives a better 8" infotainment center and a better instrument cluster, hud and wireless charging.

i made a post here with a link to the brochure that will show you all the differences
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/service-manual.283837/

i have had the rs v6 variant for a few years now and it has been a great vehicle with the only major repair being a leaking ac pipe that cost around $400 to fix.
it has driven 100km+ per day for work and it has been solid as.

i have owned many ve and vf variants and the zb shits on them for handling, it is a fun vehicle to drive, yes its no v8 but for what it is and the low price of them you get a lot of vehicle with modern tech.

i am now retiring the rs not because it has problems or its bad, the wife wants a suv so it looks like its going to be a mitsu outlander, i will miss the zb though.

Last edited: