Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Exhaust Setup for a WN Caprice with OEM Parts?

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
I was going to cut flange of and run tube down with a 90ish degree bend at end to give a better entry into the cats and hopefully a bit more clearance around the oil cooler

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I was going to cut flange of and run tube down with a 90ish degree bend at end to give a better entry into the cats and hopefully a bit more clearance around the oil cooler

Yeah, fitted with a cooler I believe interferes with the flange. I've had a look at a GTS contemplating header fitment and thought of cutting the 2.5"
outlet pipe at the collector on the 340 headers and extending the pipe past the cooler and re-flanging a bit lower down. I think there's enough room to do it and retain reasonable cooler clearance. The cat's are pretty high on the 340 set up, here's a 340 R8 pictured from underneath.

Attachments

• 20190113_174915.jpg
    20190113_174915.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 124

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yeah, fitted with a cooler I believe interferes with the flange. I've had a look at a GTS contemplating header fitment and thought of cutting the 2.5"
outlet pipe at the collector on the 340 headers and extending the pipe past the cooler and re-flanging a bit lower down. I think there's enough room to do it and retain reasonable cooler clearance. The cat's are pretty high on the 340 set up, here's a 340 R8 pictured from underneath.

Where are the post cat O2 sensors in your pic?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Where are the post cat O2 sensors in your pic?
They're just out view on the inside of the front pipes down towards the gearbox, probably a couple of inches rearward of the photo edge. I think they're pretty much in the same location as the stock LS3 2.25" front pipe, or perhaps is the stock location further forwards than the HSV pipes?

vxbris

Reaction score
So just before Christmas i installed a Maloo mid pipe with the SS Ute electric bi-modal mufflers.
I can definitely hear the V8 now, but surprisingly, even with the bi-modals open, it's not as loud as I was expecting.
Still a nice note, but a little more volume would have been nice.
I can definitely hear when the AFM kicks in now, as the exhaust note changes and does produce a slight amount of drone.
I didn't have to modify any of the hangers or anything, everything fit straight in perfectly.
Now I just need to fit the bi-modal controller.

If anyone is interested, I do have another pair of electric bi-modals with flanged ends (not ball joint).

hey mate, wondering if you had that pair of bi-modals for sale still?
Cheers.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
hey mate, wondering if you had that pair of bi-modals for sale still?
Cheers.
Spotted your avatar. A WN Caprice, no doubt V

Are you going to change the center Pipe?