Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Exhaust Setup for a WN Caprice with OEM Parts?

R32GOJIRA

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice, R32 GTR Skyline
Did you use the 340 headers and cats or did you retain the stock manifolds and 2.25" cats?
I just used the stock manifolds and cats as I just wanted a bit of sound out of it, rather that it sounding like a prius.
Not too interested in have a retune just for an exhaust at the moment as its my daily.
I have an R32 GTR sitting in the garage for fun and power.
Plus the 340 headers and cats are more than what i want to spend at the moment, not including the tune, and they are hard to come by.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I just used the stock manifolds and cats as I just wanted a bit of sound out of it,
I just wondered when saying it was on the quite side. I've had the 340 header/cat, Maloo midpipe and stock SS ute bimodal set up and thought it was quite a bit louder than a stock R8. Seems the Holden bimodals are louder than the HSV one's although the note was a bit raspy (tinny) consistent with mechanical mufflers. The stock headers and cats may quieten it perhaps.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
was just going to start with the bi-modals first. Came across this thread and got super inspired haha
Yep, 2016 WN Caprice. Bloody love it!
Yes it good car, it the best I ever had except for my Monaro because my monro is the pride and joy of the Family. I took my Son (he has a WH Statesman, rared do this because I insist to put clean or new Clothes on because I dont want anyone to dirty the alcantara white strip) for a 30k drive + on the Freeway to show him that when its in the 4 Cyl mode you barely can hear, feel it and he comment to me that even with a Maloo center pipe + the Bimodal open the car is Very quiet which it is so once I got off the Freeway I opened all the windows, Opened the Sun roof and after this we heard the roar of the engine. Yeah!!!
The funny thing is after the cats you only have one small hot dog muffler than a open exhaust when the bi modal are open and that's it. No doubt the cat is responsible by reducing the Noise. Now all you have to do is fit them, wire them up possible the same way that I did and R32GOJIRA has done

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I just wondered when saying it was on the quite side. I've had the 340 header/cat, Maloo midpipe and stock SS ute bimodal set up and thought it was quite a bit louder than a stock R8. Seems the Holden bimodals are louder than the HSV one's although the note was a bit raspy (tinny) consistent with mechanical mufflers. The stock headers and cats may quieten it perhaps.

Maybe because you replaced the Euro 5 cats on your VF2, with the slightly less restrictive HSV Euro 4 cats.

vxbris

Reaction score
Yes it good car, it the best I ever had except for my Monaro because my monro is the pride and joy of the Family. I took my Son (he has a WH Statesman, rared do this because I insist to put clean or new Clothes on because I dont want anyone to dirty the alcantara white strip) for a 30k drive + on the Freeway to show him that when its in the 4 Cyl mode you barely can hear, feel it and he comment to me that even with a Maloo center pipe + the Bimodal open the car is Very quiet which it is so once I got off the Freeway I opened all the windows, Opened the Sun roof and after this we heard the roar of the engine. Yeah!!!
The funny thing is after the cats you only have one small hot dog muffler than a open exhaust when the bi modal are open and that's it. No doubt the cat is responsible by reducing the Noise. Now all you have to do is fit them, wire them up possible the same way that I did and R32GOJIRA has done
Potentially found a set near my place, the guy is certain they are from a Ute. Was wondering if anyone knew what the barcode number is that’s printed under the mufflers? Want to try confirm with the seller before I see them.. Or even if someone has some measurements of the pipes exiting the muffler if that might help.

Attachments

• B10B6F16-6E7D-478B-9CAD-08D1B849A175.jpeg
    B10B6F16-6E7D-478B-9CAD-08D1B849A175.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 107

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Potentially found a set near my place, the guy is certain they are from a Ute. Was wondering if anyone knew what the barcode number is that’s printed under the mufflers? Want to try confirm with the seller before I see them.. Or even if someone has some measurements of the pipes exiting the muffler if that might help.

They certainly look like VF ute bi modal mufflers.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride