Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE S2 REDLINE,16 wks for cable harness replace, 1 hr on road bent pushrod

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Probably the bigger issue would be low oil pressure. If it was leaking sufficiently from the oil pressure switch to wreck the harness it’s quite possible that it was resulting in low oil pressure which as we know isn’t good at all for the valve train on an LS.

Agreed.....The problem seems to be the OP wanting to blame the dealership for his bad luck, rather than open his eyes that his original leak was the catalyst for his current problem

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The 6L is known for lifter issues. Unfortunately the OP decided to keep driving when the noise appeared......... Should have immediately pulled over, shut down and placed on a flatbed and not run, under load getting it to the workshop. Lessoned learned IMO, don't take a chance with any obscure engine noise.

Count your blessings the cam and cam bearings survived.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The 6L is known for lifter issues. Unfortunately the OP decided to keep driving when the noise appeared......... Should have immediately pulled over, shut down and placed on a flatbed and not run, under load getting it to the workshop. Lessoned learned IMO, don't take a chance with any obscure engine noise.

Count your blessings the cam and cam bearings survived.

Didn't he stuff the cam as well? I vaguely remember him saying he did....Will have to re-check his posts...

EDIT: Post #15...He stuffed the cam...#13...Rollers have marks on them too

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah so it would seem. Might as well buy a crate engine, too expensive to fix this engine properly.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah so it would seem. Might as well buy a crate engine, too expensive to fix this properly.

More to the point...Buying a crate engine means everything is new and less chance of blaming someone else for his poor judgements....

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
was this a L76 or something with dod or disabled dod being manual ? those things need oil, noticed it has LS2 in first post but that is wrong

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
was this a L76 or something with dod or disabled dod being manual ? those things need oil, noticed it has LS2 in first post but that is wrong

I honestly don't think he'd even know...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
More to the point...Buying a crate engine means everything is new and less chance of blaming someone else for his poor judgements....
Yeah and don't reckon I'd be paying $130 an hour to have it torn down only to find out it's too expensive to fix. I'd be talking to the supervisor and seeing what deal they can do on a crate engine. No doubt Holden Service and Spares can buy one cheaper than we can.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah and don't reckon I'd be paying $130 an hour to have it torn down only to find out it's too expensive to fix. I'd be talking to the supervisor and seeing what deal they can do on a crate engine. No doubt Holden Service and Spares can buy one cheaper than we can.

They sure could, but whether the OP would take some good advise is to be seen:)