Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

07 VE Omega Coolant Tank

dexxxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Commodore Exec
Hi guys!

I've been having a slight issue with the coolant tank over the last 2 - 3 weeks where I find myself having to refill the coolant tank every few (5) days.

Due using it as my main business car, finding time to have it off the road is hard to come by but it was recently serviced about 2 months ago with everything fine.

Today the car temp was a lot higher than normal (around the red zone) and didn't seem to cool down as usual (half to 3/4 on the gauge). When I had checked the tank, it was empty and even after refilling and driving for around 15mins, the water has gone again.

What would I be looking at cost and parts wise to have this fixed? I don't want to really pay too much as I will be getting rid of this car this month for a Hilux.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Dex

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
Fill it with concrete and push it off a wharf. You've killed it.
Enjoy your Gutlux ;)

dexxxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Commodore Exec
So no option for it to be fixed?

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
So no option for it to be fixed?

It's definitely fixable, is it something you want to fix yourself or pay a mechanic to do?

You need to find the leak, it could be something simple like a heater or radiator hose (or worst case scenario a radiator leak), if that's the case get some screwdrivers, a new hose and some coolant and you can fix it yourself quite easily.