Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1996 VS Commodore V6 Misfire?

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
The guy who is selling that module has some really bad reputation comments I dont think I could buy of them.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha didnt even bother reading his feedback at your own risk i spose not factory GM part either

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
have you tried cleaning all the engine earths ? especially the one under the coils and DFI. Could be worth pulling the coils and DFI off the bracket then remove the bracket and clean the whole lot.

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Yeah ok I might try pulling off all of it. I have no idea where anyof the earths are though so I cant do much about that.

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
haha didnt even bother reading his feedback at your own risk i spose not factory GM part either

Yeah there was some pretty bad stuff said about that guy like wrong items, cheap imitations, stuff that didnt even look like the pic. I dont think I could go through that guy.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
you will find the earths as you go. there's one under the coils, one near the battery and a few on the engine .... looks like a small wire bolted to the engine. Check if they are rusty or dirty.

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
how is yor harmonic balancer looking i have seen this before where thehamonic balancer was running that far out it was chewin up the crank angle sensor on a car with similar symptons to yours

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Yeah it has a tiny bit of wobble but I think that is normal. I havent checked the crank angle sensor as I have no idea how to know if its stuffed or not. But I am fairly sure it has to be an ignition problem, hence either the DFI module, coils, leads or plugs. Went to a mechanic he said it cant be the plugs with the symptoms described and I have checked the leads and coils which just leaves the DFI module. But I have heard a stuffed crank angle sensor can do similar things.

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Hey guys thought Id say I have fixed this problem, ended up being my own fault. I purchased a new modded memcal tune from delcowizzid and after taking mine out I started removing my stock chip to send back to him as its an exchange. But his first chip was buggered so I had to resolder in my stock chip back in, I thought it worked fine but it did drop out occasionally (half stall once it fully stalled). When I got a new chip from delcowizzid the problem vanished. Hence the way I came to the conclusion that I had either incorrectly soldered in the chip or I damaged it with the heat of the soldering iron.