Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY CX8 Adventra ABS Module - Other Models ABS List

Ash47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman Cross8
A quick followup to this old post. I just fitted part no. 92148159 to my Dec 2004 VZ Crewman Cross 8 which was thrown ABS and traction control warnings and it fixed the problem. At $730 so it should otherwise the car was going to scrap. Ridiculous price for a 12 year old car.

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
I've just fixed an ABS fault with the help of this old thread, so I thought I'd post a bit more info here. The car is an October 2004 5.7 litre auto SS Crewman, no traction control fitted. The ABS fault light was coming up every time straight after the ignition on diagnostic, and before the car had moved, so it was a reasonable bet that it was the module, not any of the wheel sensors. The ABS pump unit fitted was GM part number 92121613, four brake lines on top, one at the rear. The Bosch "black box" electronic box was Bosch part number 0 273 004 588. I bought another complete ABS unit from "Comm_bits" on eBay ( based in Smithfield SA - can highly recommend them). Interestingly, the ABS assembly I bought was out of a VY Adventra, with a very different GM part number engraved on the top, but shared the same Bosch control module. I swapped over the black plastic Bosch module only (you need a Torx no. 20 screwdriver to do this, but it's a simple job), and it fixed the problem.

It looked to me through reading many threads and talking to a few wreckers that they assumed that the GM part number of the complete pump module had to be the same as well as the Bosch module part numbers in order for them to be compatible. I don't think this is the case. It probably doesn't even matter if it's a VY or a VZ, 6 or 8, auto or manual as long as the Bosch module part number is the same. The important thing is whether the car has traction control and/or 4wd or not. From the Bosch module's point of view, it doesn't know or care if the engine is a 6 or 8, or the trans is an auto or manual - it just needs to stop wheels locking up to perform the ABS function, and in the case of cars fitted with stability control etc, how to modulate the braking to the wheels.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: