Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 Holden VZ Storm Ute

VZ Storm Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
Hello guys,

I'm new here and I've been reading around in a few threads and I have noticed there are alot of experienced people here that have a wide range of knowledge on cars. I decided that I am going to use these forums to get guidance from you guys towards some of the questions that I have on my car.

Well first things first. I should introduce my car to you guys. Just note that these are old photos as for I have just recently hit a wallaby at night time whilst travelling approximately 60 km/h. This put a nice dint right in the middle of the car, damaging the bonnet and front bumper. Fortunately no damage was done on the inside. Luckily for insurance I get a new bonnet, front bumper and a few additional extras. As soon as my ute is fixed in the next two weeks or so, I will post up new better pictures.

Here it is before when my brother owned it still. Also I only have the standard rims as in these photos my brother was just borowing the rims from a friend temporarily.

UteOld.jpg

UteOld1.jpg

Mods done:

- Exhaust and extractors
- K&N filter
- Lowered
- Hardcover
- Ultra blue headlights on high beam, low beam and foglights
- Pioneer 7" double din 6 stack cd/dvd player
- 2x Pioneer premier 6x9 speakers
- 2x Pioneer premier 6.5" splits
- 2x Pioneer premier 10" subs
- 2x Option audio 800 rms amps

Future mods:

- Better exhaust and extractors
- Better cold air intake kit
- Tunning of ECU
- Rims
- Monaro bonnet
- Chevy badges
- Phreddy's dash lighting
- Lining in tray
- Neons in car
- Add more to sound system

Well it's that time of the year again where we all claim our tax. Fortunately this is looking good for a new sports exhaust system. This is where I would like some help from you guys. Can I have some suggestions as to what is a high quality sports exhaust system that would suit my 2005 holden vz storm ute well. I want the full system, exhaust and extractors. I live in far north queensland (telling you for fitting purposes) or maybe I will just fit it myself. It would be appreciated if you would post up what you recommend WITH A LINK PLEASE and also some information about the power output and sound quality of the system. I'm looking at spending around $2500 so I want it to be a good quality exhaust that puts out a good amount of power and at the same time has the nice sound of a v8.

Thank you all!

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
hey mate, welcome to the forum.

your ute looks good, sits really nice.

sucks that a wallaby hit your car.

looking forward to seein new pics

ZOMBIE

VZ Storm Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
Hey mate

Yer it does suck but in the end I think it will be worth it. The ute already looks alot better with a hardcover and now with a monaro bonnet, it will suit beautifuly with the twin hump on the hardcover.

I just can't wait for the bonnet to get in so my ute gets fixed abd then yer I'll post up more pics

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
welcome mate, nice looking ute.

VZ Storm Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
Yep it is pretty much exactly the same. Thunder utes come standard with them as one of their additional sports extras to help make them more unique. The twin humps definately look better then the flat tops which look plain!

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
nice ride mate.

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
some smooth (plain tops) look good on some cars. i wouldnt stick the humps onto mine as i seen the same modle ute around town with the humps and it looks heaps tacky. but each to their own...

luke641

ST33ZE: A Berlina Thing
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Berlina with Calais Bits
Hey dude. Nice ute..

Just a Q re. your HU? Ive been told it can play DVD/TV. How the tv part work? and how much did you pay(ball park figure is fine)