Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 Holden Berlina VE Battery Question

Dtnightmare1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Holden Berlina VE
Hi everyone, yesterday I decided to stop in at Holden on my way home to inquire about a tow bar being fitted. I've had a weird feeling about my car battery since I bought it, so I got the guy at Holden to double check if it was the correct one. He told me that it wasn't, it was correct in power and such but he then told me that if we were to be in a car accident, we could possibly die from poison gas. I can't remember exactly what he said the batteries problem was but I'm pretty sure it was to do with it being lead or something and that it could fill the car with poison gas because it was in the back of the car instead of the bonnet.

Can anyone tell me if this is true? Are there certain batteries for VE's?

I bought my battery from SuperCheap Auto. The battery is called "Battery Century 68 620CCA" I asked the staff there which battery I would need for the car and they said that one so I assumed it would be correct.

This is kind of alarming if true.

sv6_06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SV6
Hi everyone, yesterday I decided to stop in at Holden on my way home to inquire about a tow bar being fitted. I've had a weird feeling about my car battery since I bought it, so I got the guy at Holden to double check if it was the correct one. He told me that it wasn't, it was correct in power and such but he then told me that if we were to be in a car accident, we could possibly die from poison gas. I can't remember exactly what he said the batteries problem was but I'm pretty sure it was to do with it being lead or something and that it could fill the car with poison gas because it was in the back of the car instead of the bonnet.

Can anyone tell me if this is true? Are there certain batteries for VE's?

I bought my battery from SuperCheap Auto. The battery is called "Battery Century 68 620CCA" I asked the staff there which battery I would need for the car and they said that one so I assumed it would be correct.

This is kind of alarming if true.

Yes this is true, You need a completely Sealed battery with a vent hose that gets connected routed external to the car, anything else is an extreme health hazard accident or not and needs to be addressed.

Don't ask the guys at super cheap auto for advice, you will get more accurate advice asking a water cooler.

mtw002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 Ute
100% true,
It's not only poison gasses,
But the flammable & explosive content that should alarm you,

Matt