Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2009 VE SS - "Contact Dealer - Stability Ctrl Off"

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
AFlanno
New Member · 30 · From Wodonga
Joined Jun 2, 2013
Last seen Oct 21, 2013

Carden.VE.SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have just encountered this problem. Not battery or alternator, suspected ECU (ECM) failure. Unpluging the ECU leads to the exact same fault with no damage to the main wiring harness.

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Check the battery fusible link as above?

scuba9311

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss commodore
So what was the outcome? Figured after 10 years you woulda had it fixed yeah? My ss died on the highway, contact dealer, stability control off, no crank, and linking error with scan tool.. IT IS NOT THE BATTERY!!! Just wanna make that 100% clear before some tosser throws the "it's a crook battery" statement.. every spastics first solution, obviously if we are on this site doing the research, we already checked the battery. Besides, my battery is less then 3 months old and was checked by rac roadside, was showing 13.8volts. Google suggested the main fusible link, but the method suggested to test didn't work for me. I thought alternator too but in my experience if the alternator wasn't charging, battery wouldn't have had 13 volts.. mum said she could smell something burning on my car, smelt like electrical fire the night before my car stopped doing its job. So would be interesting to find out what the issue with everyone else's cars were, might help me shed some light on what's going on with mine.. 07 manual ss..

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
So you come onto a site, and start off by calling, would be respondents Tossers and Spastics.
and to compound it he/she doesn't know where the fusible link is for their battery. You are a deadset flog.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
So what was the outcome? Figured after 10 years you woulda had it fixed yeah? My ss died on the highway, contact dealer, stability control off, no crank, and linking error with scan tool.. IT IS NOT THE BATTERY!!! Just wanna make that 100% clear before some tosser throws the "it's a crook battery" statement.. every spastics first solution, obviously if we are on this site doing the research, we already checked the battery. Besides, my battery is less then 3 months old and was checked by rac roadside, was showing 13.8volts. Google suggested the main fusible link, but the method suggested to test didn't work for me. I thought alternator too but in my experience if the alternator wasn't charging, battery wouldn't have had 13 volts.. mum said she could smell something burning on my car, smelt like electrical fire the night before my car stopped doing its job. So would be interesting to find out what the issue with everyone else's cars were, might help me shed some light on what's going on with mine.. 07 manual ss..
suggest you create a new username
and then ask the question politely
as for IT IS NOT THE BATTERY
13.8v is too high static
and a little low if running
so try clarifying your questions and your "facts"
as the saying goes
a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride